The best shop small event for retailers is back and better than ever … PINK FRIDAY! One HUGE day to #ShopSmallFirst–before Black Friday & before the big guys…Created by The Boutique Hub! Pink Friday is a small business spin on the traditional Black Friday shopping experience, reminding people to #ShopSmallFirst.
Black Friday is the largest shopping day of the year, but the sales and promotions from big box stores often overshadow the experiences that small businesses are focused on providing.
The goal on November 18th is to build hype around the best shop small event for retailers and to celebrate the businesses that are the backbone of our local communities, whether online or brick and mortar. Any small business can participate in Pink Friday.
“We know small businesses and the boutique retail industry have been hit hard this year. These stores often get overlooked on Black Friday, but these are the real businesses we need to be supporting this year. By creating Pink Friday and positioning it the week prior to Black Friday, we’re able to celebrate those businesses this holiday season and give them their own weekend to shine. If you are looking for the best shop small event for retailers, this is it!”
– Ashley Alderson, CEO, The Boutique Hub
How Can Shoppers Participate?
- Visit the official homepage here to learn more.
- Invite your friends to shop small first, and support small businesses who need you!
- Find unique, curated gift ideas straight from boutiques & makers you’ll love found on this year’s gift guides.
- Join the Shop The Best Boutiques Facebook Group to see 25+ boutiques sharing their new arrivals & gift ideas live on November 18th & all weekend!
How Can Business Owners to Participate?
- Sign up here
- Grab a Promotional Bundle with all the graphic assets you’ll need
- Sign up to get on the Ultimate #ShopSmallFirst Map
- Grab our media kit of digital promotional assets when you sign up
- Be included in our Gift Guides for shoppers – featured each week starting in October right here, on The Boutique Hub blog!
- Share the Shop Small Pledge with your shoppers
- Collaborate with your boutique besties to share more reasons to #ShopSmallFirst
Pink Friday Boutique To Do List:
- Get on the ultimate #ShopSmallFirst map
- Create a Facebook Event for your store
- Share Pink Friday specials and promotions with your audience
- Put up Pink Friday sinage in store
- Share the #ShopSmallFirst pledge
- Share the power of Pink Friday with your local media
- Pass out flyers in your community
- Make a list of what your featured items will be
- Make staffing schedule
- Make a list of sips and snacks to offer at the event
- Have an interactive game or promotion for the event
- Schedule all social media posts
- Begin promoting one month prior
Get on the Ultimate #ShopSmallFirst Map!
With this #ShopSmallFirst map, customers will be able to easily find boutiques in their area.
Sign up on the Pink Friday website and make sure to check the box titled “Yes, please include my boutique on the Shop Small First map!” and fill out the required fields to be included on the map!
Want more details? Sign up (FREE) on the official Pink Friday website here that lists all the ways consumers can shop, including an interactive of participating stores, and various deals and gift guides that will help consumers navigate the best gifts for everyone on their list.
We can’t wait to spread the good word about all the ways YOU are impacting your community on November 18th, Pink Friday!
- Save the Date: Boutique Summit 2023We’re heading back to Texas! ICYMI, our 2022 Boutique Summit was our best one yet & we’re excited to be back in Dallas in March 2023.
- When Boutiques Start Buying For the HolidaysA common question asked by retailers around this time is “when do boutiques start buying for the holidays?” Whether you are a newbie or an expert, this can be a daunting question. The holiday season holds so much potential for retailers and it’s crucial to be prepared. Let’s get into when boutiques start buying for the holidays and how to make this holiday season your most successful one yet.
- Building a Sustainable Brand in a Modern WorldWe’re going behind the scenes to hear how to build not just a beautiful brand, but also a sustainable one.