It’s official–the first-round of The Boutique Awards (The Awards) is wrapped up, and we’re on our way to the Finals! We are absolutely blown away by how many of you participated in the awards, and shared them with your friends, family, and customers! When it was all said and done, the first-round of The Awards received 157,000 votes! Can you believe that?!
Since voting closed, our entire Boutique Hub team has fully submerged themselves in The Awards, preparing for the Finals. Before The Awards were ever launched, the most important aspect for our entire team was being able to ensure that these awards remained a prestigious recognition, with unmatched integrity. Those are the values The Boutique Hub is founded on, and we have no desire to produce anything, especially an award, that doesn’t fall within those values. For those reasons, we have worked extremely long and hard to ensure that all of the boutiques who have made it to the Finals are legitimate businesses and that their business appropriately fits the category’s official definition.
The Top 5 vote-getting boutiques in each category have been invited back to the Finals. In some categories, less than five have been invited back, as there weren’t five boutiques who were voted for in that specific category, or there was not enough information available to verify a boutique’s legitimacy. In some categories, multiple boutiques tied, so in those instances, more than five boutiques have been invited back to compete in the Finals.
You will notice that in all regions, we have dissolved the category of Accessories/Decor. As we worked through our regions, we began to notice that the boutiques in that specific category had been nominated in other categories as well, or that they did not fit the Category Definition of a true Accessories/Decor boutique. In the event that a unique (not nominated elsewhere) boutique was nominated in Accessories/Decor, it has been moved to whichever location category definition it fits into (Storefront, Online, or Mobile). Unfortunately, there was not a single instance in any region where there were two unique boutiques were nominated in the category of Accessories/Decor.
You will also notice that in the event that there was a single contender in any regional category (meaning there was nobody to compete against), that regional category has been dissolved, and we have moved that boutique into whichever location category definition it fits into (Storefront, Online, or Mobile), or the into the category of Overall Regional Boutique of the Year. We felt as though it was unfair as a whole for a single boutique to be able to win the Finals without garnering any votes, as most of our other regional categories will be a highly competitive race.
In the Finals, email addresses may only be used to vote one time, total; NOT one time, per state (as it was during the nomination round). We feel this rule modification adds to the authenticity of votes, solidifying that there is no possible way to stack votes for one particular boutique.
As always, the only way that a boutique can be listed more than once is if they are a contender for Global Boutique of the Year, and/or Overall Regional Boutique of the Year, along with whatever regional category they’re competing in.
Full rules and details for the Finals can be found below and on The Boutique Awards’ website.
- Voting opens at 8pm CST, on Monday, August 7. Voting closes at 11:59pm CST, on August 21st, and the winners will be announced sometime after we’re able to tabulate all of the votes with our CPA.
- Email addresses may only be used to vote one time, total; NOT one time, per state (as it was during the nomination round).
- Top 5 vote getting boutiques in each category have been invited back to the Finals and voted on for a final time. In the event of a tie, more than 5 boutiques can be invited back to the Finals.
- Buy-In groups, MLM (multi-level marketing) or Consultant-Only based boutiques do not qualify to enter.
- Results will be tallied and verified through a professional CPA firm.
- By voting in The Boutique Awards, you agree to receive email communication from The Boutique Hub highlighting relevant boutique stories, deals, and boutique fashion tips; or as a boutique owner, with relevant business tips and stories.
- BOUTIQUE: A specialty independent retailer, whether online, with brick and mortar location or mobile. Boutiques have less than 20 locations owned and operated by one single entity or ownership structure. Boutiques primarily carry unique items for women, men, children or the home, and are known for their unique style, personal service, experience, and independent ownership.
- ONLINE BOUTIQUE: Primary source of revenue, traffic, and recognition comes from online sources whether e-commerce store or social media. May only be recognized in voting by the state in which they are registered and reside.
- STOREFRONT BOUTIQUE: Primary source of revenue, traffic, and recognition comes from storefront location. May be recognized in the state they reside, or in multiple states if they have multiple locations under 20 in total. Stores with multiple locations under one owner will have all votes cast for their boutique name as a whole, not individual locations.
- MOBILE BOUTIQUE: Primary source of revenue and traffic come from a mobile set up, fashion truck or experience. Most known for setting up at events and shows with recognizable traveling vehicle or trailer.
- CHILDREN’S BOUTIQUE: Primary source of revenue or recognition comes from the sale of children’s or tween attire and accessories.
- ACCESSORIES/DECOR BOUTIQUE: Whether online or brick and mortar, primarily known for their accessories, jewelry or home accents as the largest volume of product carried.
For Participating Boutiques:
- Results, updates, and announcements will be made via the email address you have on file at The Boutique Hub, or by updating the information for your boutique in the voting rounds. Further announcements will be made via Social Media on both #BoutiqueStyle and #BoutiqueBusiness accounts at The Boutique Hub.
- Membership is not required on The Boutique Hub to participate, however, active boutique member’s nominations will be linked to their full profile on The Hub. Non-members may update basic information and add an email address to be notified of updates, results and invites to our free communities.
We are thrilled about this opportunity for boutiques to be celebrated by their customers, awarded for their success, and recognized all year long by customers new and old.
Whether boutiques win or simply participate, by coming together, we are creating a stronger marketplace and awareness for boutiques globally, as big box consumers look for new alternatives!
If you’re one of our lucky finalists, encourage your friends and fellow fans to vote for across all social media or email channels! Don’t forget, voting opens on Monday, August 7, at 8pm CST!
The Boutique Hub Team