Black Friday is upon us and holds so much potential for small businesses. However, if you want to ensure a seamless and successful Black Friday for your small business, you need to start planning now! We have you covered with Black Friday marketing ideas for your small businesses PLUS another annual retail event you do not want to miss out on this year!
Black Friday for Small Businesses
- Create an event on Facebook for your store
- Boost the event on Facebook
- Boost the event on Instagram
- Post on Instagram and Facebook stories
- Share comments and pictures in the event itself to entice customers
- Create a Black Friday reel
- Create a Black Friday highlight and add to it daily leading up to the event
- Create a special Black Friday Gift Certificate to use at a later date (maybe on a slower week)
- Create a Black Friday shopping guide and promote on socials
- Set a countdown timer on IG stories
Run a Sale
- Run a Black Friday Doorbuster, first 50 customers in the store get a swag bag
- Create Black Friday bundles, pre-wrapped gifts for moms, teachers, best friends, and teens – What are you overstocked in? Run a Black Friday BOGO 1/2 off to keep them moving!
- Run a Black Friday Giveaway – anyone who purchases that day is in for a Yeti!
- Make a Black Friday collection on your site with sale items and bundles
Get the Word Out
- Make a basket of things to give away (have an email sign up list)
- Christmas tree with ornaments and a ribbon tied with a discount on the ribbon at the time of purchase.
- Offer drinks and appetizers for a Sip and Shop event
- Fashion show with Holiday looks
- Ugly sweater contest
- Create Black Friday tees for your in-store team!
Promotion ideas for online
- Add a link to the comments with a local charity for people to make a donation to
- Pick a charitable organization and offer for every sale do a donation ex: today $1 will be donated to “backpacks for kids”
- Offer a local designer to go on your live at a certain time during the day and cross-promote with eachother
- Host a black friday live sale
- Do a black friday trivia night – origin, histroey, shopping fun facts, etc.
- Collaborate with other small businesses in the local community and have a destination shopping event
- Photo grid with other boutiques and small businesses saying “shop small first” or “shop local and shop small”
- Add a Black Friday banner to your homepage
Capitalize on Pink Friday
The best shop small event for retailers is back and better than ever … PINK FRIDAY! One HUGE day to #ShopSmallFirst–before Black Friday & before the big guys…Created by The Boutique Hub! Pink Friday is a small business spin on the traditional Black Friday shopping experience, reminding people to #ShopSmallFirst.
Black Friday is the largest shopping day of the year, but the sales and promotions from big box stores often overshadow the experiences that small businesses are focused on providing.
The goal on November 18th is to build hype around the best shop small event for retailers and to celebrate the businesses that are the backbone of our local communities, whether online or brick and mortar. Any small business can participate in Pink Friday.
We hope you loved our article on Black Friday Marketing Ideas for Small Businesses
Get more information on growing your business by joining The Boutique Hub where we have tons of training, information, and most importantly, connection! Try out our service for a month, cancel anytime.
Follow along on Instagram @theboutiquehub!