Ang Castelli of Roman & Leo is another industry veteran celebrating a 10th anniversary this year! She’s also a longtime Hub member and her boutique is unlike any other at The Hub — it caters exclusively to boys and boy moms!
When pregnant with her first son back in 2010 and trying to prep his closet, Ang thought, “Why are there no clothes for little boys and why are the children’s clothing stores so dominated by girl’s apparel?” Three years and two sons later, she’d become an expert on boy brands and shopping online. So in 2013, she founded Roman & Leo, an all-boys clothing store that she named after her boys.
Ang says boy’s apparel can be a tough market, but it’s her passion as a boy mom (she now has three!) and she’s learned to lean into her niche, rely on her community, make the most of media and utilize data to continually adapt strategies and scale the business.
We chat on the podcast about the lessons she’s learned throughout the last decade, her approach to marketing, social media, inventory management and collection planning, as well as some of the unique obstacles posed by boy’s apparel, such as merchandising and photoshoots. Ang also shares what it means to be a part of The Hub and how she’s continuously learning from other boutique owners!
Resources Featured In This Episode:
- Roman & Leo: Website | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest
- The Boutique Hub: Website | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | TikTok | YouTube
- Ashley Alderson: Instagram
- Boutique Summit 2024
- 2024 Boutique Boss Planner
- The Boutique Hub Membership
- Boutique Hub Black
>>Finding Traction and Fostering Growth in a Niche Market – LISTEN NOW ON iTunes <<
>>Finding Traction and Fostering Growth in a Niche Market– LISTEN NOW ON Spotify <<
See the Full Boutique Chat Podcast Website here
Watch the episode on YouTube:
What You’ll Learn About in Finding Traction and Fostering Growth in a Niche Market with Ang Castelli
- Identifying your niche and knowing your core customer
- The power of community support and local press
- Target marketing and digital strategies
- Utilizing data and assessing every aspect of your business
- Planning collections and seasonal buying
- Inventory management
- Photoshoots with customers as models
Join the Hub for more training, information, and connections.
Do you love the Boutique Chat Podcast?! Subscribe to our podcast and after that, leave us a review on iTunes Apple Podcasts here!
Original Air Date: August 29th, 2023
Do you love the details of Finding Traction and Fostering Growth in a Niche Market with Ang Castelli of Roman & Leo? Let us know what you think about our show and help spread the word about the #BoutiqueChat Podcast.
- How to Craft the Perfect Product Description For Your E-Commerce SiteIn the world of e-commerce, your product descriptions play a pivotal role in enticing potential customers and driving sales. A well-crafted product description can paint a vivid picture, answer questions, and address concerns, ultimately persuading shoppers to make a purchase. If you’re a small business owner looking to improve your product descriptions, you’re in the right place. In this blog post, we’ll explore the art of writing the perfect product description that captivates your audience and sets your boutique apart.
- The Power of Community and Collaboration with Anna Ledebuhr, Coulee BoutiqueCoulee Boutique owner Anna Ledebuhr talks community over competition, fostering activity through collaboration and planning events.
- Holiday Merchandising Must-Haves for Small Business OwnersSeasonal merchandising during the holidays can make a significant difference in your business’s success. It’s not just about offering the right products; it’s also about creating a festive and inviting atmosphere that draws customers in and encourages them to make purchases. In this blog, we’ll explore some holiday merchandising essentials for small business owners, along with tips on why they are essential for your success.