Pink Friday is coming! Is your boutique ready? Pink Friday is the ‘small business spin’ on the traditional Black Friday experience, reminding people to #ShopSmallFirst.
Get your customers excited for Pink Friday by having your promotional plan in check! Here are some ways you can build hype around Pink Friday to get your customer excited!
Want to hear all the details on Pink Friday? Check out our episode How to Participate in Pink Friday on Boutique Chat Podcast!
Pink Friday Promotional Ideas:
Places to Advertise
Send or bring a flyer to:
- Flyer in your front window
- Flyer attatched to your front desk
- Flyer on a mirror in a dressing room
- Send a downloadable PDF to radio and news stations to add to their website. A lot of them have a local event section and do not charge
- Find Facebook and Neighborhood groups in your area and do a promotional post in that group
- Flyer to local charity offices and offer for them to set up at your store or be mentioned durring your live wirth a donation drive link on your site. Ex: local food bank
- Flyer to pass out to local businesses
- Flyer to poast at local community center
- Flyer to post at local schools in teachers lounge
- Flyer to post at local gym and fitness centers
- Flyer at womens groups or church bulletin
Send a Press Release
Send a downloadable PDF to radio and news stations to add to their website. A lot of them have a local event section and do not charge!
Ways to Advertise
- Create an event on Facebook for your store
- Share the Pink Friday Hub event to your page
- Boost the event on Facebook
- Boost the event on Instagram
- Post on Instagram and Facebook stories
- Share comments and pictures in the event itself to entice customers
- Create a Pink Friday reel
- Create a Pink Friday highlight and add to it daily leading up to the event
- Create a special Pink Friday Gift Certificate to use at a later date (maybe on a slower week)
- Share the #ShopSmallFirst map
Ways to Collaborate
- Get with a local organization and offer a doggie adoption on the same day
- Do a toy drive at your location on the same day
- Make a shopping event at your location and include other small pop up shop and local crafters to participate. Ex: jewelers, pottery, ect.
- Collaborate with other boutiques to promote each other, especially if you have different brands/styles. Ex: Childrens Clothing Store, Gift Store, Book Store
- Run a Pink Friday giveaway with your “Boutique Bestie”
Fun Promotion Ideas for Inside Your Store
- Make a pink basket of all things pink to give away (have an email sign up list)
- Pink or white Christmas tree with opposite-colored ornaments and a ribbon tied with a discount on the ribbon at the time of purchase.
- Offer pink lemonade and lemon cookies for a Sip and Shop
- Fashion show with Holiday looks
- Ugly sweater contest
- Create Pink Friday tees for your in-store team!
Fun Promotion Ideas for Online
- Add a link to the comments with a local charity for people to make a donation to
- Pick a charitable organization and offer for every sale do a donation ex: today $1 will be donated to “backpacks for kids”
- Offer a local designer to go on your live at a certain time during the day and cross-promote with eachother
- Wear all pink in your live and have a pink backdrop.
- Do a trivia game with “pink things” ex: a movie quote from “Pretty in Pink” or lyrics from Pink Floyd
- Collaborate with other small businesses in the local community and have a destination shopping event
- Photo grid with other boutiques and small businesses saying “shop small first” or “shop local and shop small”
- Add a Pink Friday banner to your storefront
Pink Friday Sale Ideas
- Run a Pink Friday Doorbuster, first 50 customers in the store get a swag bag
- Create Pink Friday bundles, pre-wrapped gifts for moms, teachers, best friends, and teens – What are you overstocked in? Run a Pink Friday BOGO 1/2 off to keep them moving!
- Run a Pink Friday Giveaway – anyone who purchases that day is in for a Yeti!
- Make a Pink Friday collection on your site with sale items and bundles
We hope you loved our article on Pink Friday Promotional Ideas. How else can The Boutique Hub help you grow?
Get more information on growing your business by joining The Boutique Hub, where we have tons of training, information, and most importantly, connection! www.theboutiquehub.com/join Try out our service for a month, cancel anytime.
Follow along on Instagram @theboutiquehub!
- How to Recession-Proof your BusinessWe know that nothing in the economy is ever certain. But whether you are feeling the weight of stand-still sales now, or just want to be prepared for anything, use these tried and true strategies to recession-proof your business from the Hub.
- Building A Strong Legal Foundation For Your BusinessLearn all the things that you need to know to make sure that your business is set up on a strong legal foundation right from the jump.
- Hub Team Boutique Wholesale Picks: Atlanta ApparelThe Hub team had so much fun at Atlanta Apparel! Besides meeting new members and connecting with current ones, one of our favorite parts of attending wholesale apparel markets is seeing all the new boutique fashion! The Hub team went around and chose some of their favorite boutique wholesale picks from Atlanta Market.
- Boutique Financial Tips For SuccessUse these 8 Financial Tips to manage your inventory, increase your profit margins, understand your investments, limit your markdowns and GROW your business. Only a tracked number grows, so if you are ignoring your finances and buying strategy, then you’re asking for a disaster! These are 8 quick and easy tips you can start tracking today!
- The Boutique Hub at Dallas Market Home and GiftThe time has come for the June 2022 Dallas Market Home and Gift and the Hub team couldn’t be more excited! We know how busy…