Being a small business owner requires a great amount of discipline and balance. Let’s face it, the day never has enough hours, there are always 15 more things to do than time, the balance of work vs home life is not always level, and the to-do list grows while you are asleep! Am I right? So how do we make it all happen? Let’s go over how to plan your day effectively as a small business owner.
Organize Your Week
Get organized and assign a day it each item:
- Monday — Paying bills/ Meetings/ Daily Numbers
- Tuesday — Posts and content/Live selling
- Wednesday– Sale day to move old merch/Inventory Strategy
- Thursday — New arrivals/ Live selling
- Friday — Style posts and videos/ Email campaign
- Saturday– Daily Numbers/ Placing orders/ live selling
- Sunday– Prep schedule for two weeks out
Daily Task List
Plan your day! Create a game plan that takes the unproductive piddle time out of the day. Start with a list that gives a check to items so you can have a sense of accomplishment as tasks are completed. The Boutique Boss planner is a great way to schedule your day and organize your tasks.
Some examples of daily tasks can include:
- Placing orders
- Daily Numbers
- Inventory Strategy
- Paying bills
- Posts and content
- Live Sale
- Style posts and videos
- Email campaign
Delegate What you Can
Delegating takes smaller or bigger tasks off of your plate so you can focus on the most important. If you are the sole owner of your business and do it all, then see if some delegating can be done in your family life. What can your kids do, your hubby, or your mom to make off work time easier and more enjoyable for you! The goal always is balance for a better life and setting some discipline goals and holding yourself accountable creates the balance.
Get It on the Schedule – ASAP!
With all the things that fill up our day-to-day, it’s so easy to let that meeting or doctors appointment slip. That’s why it’s so important to write down your important things as soon as you know about them, that way you can plan out your week around your non-negotiables. The Boutique Boss Planner is perfect for this.
Keep a Day Planner
Having a day planner will help you to plan effectively in so many different ways. Not only will you be able to line out different tasks for each day, but you can also high-level plan out your months and year.
This isn’t your typical day planner! On top of that, our Boutique Boss planner includes:
- Self Assessment – Where are you today? What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? What opportunities did you miss in 2022? Let’s get it nailed down and build upon what we learned in 2022.
- Success Road Map – What were your most successful strategies in 2022? What are the upcoming trends for 2023? The path to success can be rough – use this planner to straighten it out.
- Goal Setting and Tracking – Where do you want to be this time next year? What do you need to accomplish every month to get there? This section will help you lay it out and stay on track.
- Holiday Planning – There’s still time to squeeze in a holiday push for 2022. There’s even more time to design the ideal holiday strategy for 2023. Use this section to accelerate your current holiday marketing plan and bulletproof your plan for 2023.
- Inventory & Sales Tracking – Exclusive to the #BoutiqueBoss® Planner, use our retail math cheat sheets to know your numbers on a new level plus track sales, margins, and inventory levels for a complete view of your overall ROI.
- Social Media Strategy & Tracking – There’s no doubt that a HUGE percentage of sales are going to happen online in 2023. The vast majority of these sales will be originated on social media. Do you have a solid strategy and tracking system in place? Use this section of the planner to make your’s concrete.
- Weekly Layout with Checklist – Years are made up of months and months are made up of weeks. If you accomplish something every week, the year ends up looking really good! These checklists are designed to help you take a step each and every week. Before you know it, your months will be more productive and more profitable.
We hope you liked this blog on Tips to Plan Your Day Effectively as a Small Business Owner. Follow along on Instagram for more content!