This week I am talking to one of my favorite people in the industry who’s advised me, encouraged me, brainstormed with me … and pushed me to eat more than just meatballs! In addition to being a good friend and foodie, Sam has worked in every single corner of the fashion industry and has such amazing insight into how things work and where there’s opportunity.
Design, production, marketing, sales, customer service – you name it, he’s done it! Sam has launched multiple apparel lines, worked in the corporate sector, and now runs his own consulting firm, State of Fashion / YZE Agency.
In this episode, Sam and I cover it all, talking about the trials and tribulations of wholesale production, establishing a brand, marketing strategies and tradeshows, as well as the entrepreneurial mindset and how to persevere through hardship.
Resources Featured In This Episode:
- Brand Owner Basics Masterclass
- Tradeshow Marketing Handbook
- Wholesale Marketing Handbook
- State of Fashion: Website | [email protected] | 213.514.5888
- Ashley Alderson: Instagram
- The Boutique Hub: Website | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | TikTok | YouTube
- 2024 Trade Show Calendar
- How to Register for Market
- Boutique Summit 2024
- Small Business Marketing Handbook
- Small Business Hiring Handbook
- Boutique Hub Black
Watch it on YouTube:
A Masterclass on Building and Scaling a Brand with Sam Paik
- The power of networking
- Why and how to build relationships with vendors
- Missteps to avoid when launching a line
- Establishing control in the production process
- Common struggles for new and growing brands
- Opportunities for collaboration and education
- Overcoming hardship and finding purpose
- Learning from failure
- Navigating changes in the fashion industry
Join the Hub for more training, information, and connections.
Do you love the Boutique Chat Podcast?! Subscribe to our podcast and after that, leave us a review on iTunes Apple Podcasts here!
Original Air Date: January 30, 2024
Do you love the details of A Masterclass on Building and Scaling a Brand with Sam Paik? Let us know what you think about our show and help spread the word about the #BoutiqueChat Podcast.
- 12 Questions to Ask Yourself Before Launching Your Wholesale Apparel BrandEmbarking on the journey of manufacturing and launching your own apparel brand is an exciting endeavor, filled with creativity and the promise of bringing your unique vision to life. However, before you dive into the world of fashion, it’s crucial to take a moment for introspection and ask yourself some fundamental questions. These considerations will not only help you navigate the complexities of the fashion industry but also set the stage for a successful and sustainable apparel brand. Here are 12 questions to ponder before turning your fashion dreams into reality.
- Marketing Ideas for Home & Gift RetailersSocial media marketing is crucial for running a successful business these days. But lets be honest, some days its hard to constantly have to think about what content to post that will actually engage your audience. We’ve got you covered with some of our favorite marketing ideas. These ideas will work for any retail business, just adjust and cater to your niche as you see fit! Alright, lets get into our marketing ideas for Home & Gift Retailers.
- MAGIC Celebrates its 90th Anniversary: Join Us in Celebrating 90 Years of MAGIC!From east coast to west coast, MAGIC offers a variety of must-attend fashion events offering the largest wholesale selection of women’s trend-driven, young contemporary, and modern sportswear brands.