In this article we will show you how to install Google Analytics on your Shopify store.
This quick step-by-step tutorial and will show boutique owners how to easily install Google Analytics on the backend of Shopify. Ashley Alderson, Founder at the Hub works with Kaley Jase Boutique to install tracking for her Shopify website traffic!
Install Google Analytics in 4 Simple Steps
- Go to https://analytics.google.com and sign in to create your account. It takes about 30 seconds. The step-by-step process will lead you to the Google Analytics tracking code.
- Highlight this piece of code & copy it.
- Go to the back end of Shopify. In your admin menu select Online store/ Preferences there will be a Google Analytics box. Just paste the code in there.
- Check the box for enhanced eCommerce tracking and hit save. That’s it!
Google Analytics will track all of the traffic to your website in great detail. For example, you can use the data to monitor referrals from social media, what pages people are clicking on, and which products customers are clicking on. This allows you to choose content to feature on your front page that will resonate with your customers.
It is also helpful to see where your customers bounce off your website. This can help you make changes.
Another important component is it allows you to do is benchmarking. Just like you want your revenue to go up, you want your traffic to go up as well. By monitoring your Google Analytics account, you can set goals for yourself.
A more advanced feature of Analytics is Goal Tracking. It will calculate what your average checkout amount is for you. Then you will be able to watch what links you are using that result in you reaching that goal. If you use MailChimp you can connect it to your Google Analytics account and it will track how your emails are performing and their revenue as well.
We have several more training videos on Google Analytics available in our Training Library on The Boutique Hub to help you add Analytics tracking code to your Shopify store, so you can start tracking in-depth traffic and site behavior. See the complete list below!
- We took a live video tour around one of our Google Analytics accounts at The Boutique Hub to show you first hand how to see and use these items in action. Find our video here in our Training Library
- Google Analytics 101: Traffic Conversions, and Acquisition
- How to add Google Analytics to your Shopify store is also included in our eCommerce segment.
This blog was assisted with the help of Tosha Schiffli, Owner & Creative Director | Willow Bend Design