Today we’re getting into all things legal! Lauren Boyd is the Founder of Guide My Business, a boutique law firm that empowers entrepreneurs by helping them to build a strong legal foundation, and she’s joining me today to deep dive into all of the really important legal aspects of your business. I have seen too many boutiques and retailers get their social media or Shopify accounts taken down by simply not doing the legal stuff right, so this is an episode you literally can’t afford to miss!
Grab your pen and paper and get ready to take notes as we walk through the importance of not only trademarking your own business, but also making sure that the brands you are buying from have proper licensing agreements in place on their end. We also dive into HR law, the difference between hiring employees versus hiring contractors, and all the things that you need to know to make sure that your business is set up on a strong legal foundation right from the jump.
>> Building A Strong Legal Foundation For Your Business – LISTEN NOW ON iTunes <<
>> Building A Strong Legal Foundation For Your Business – LISTEN NOW ON Spotify <<
See the Full Boutique Chat Podcast Website here
Watch the interview on YouTube:
What You’ll Learn From Building A Strong Legal Foundation For Your Business
- What the first step is when working with Guide My Business.
- The benefits of incorporating.
- When to consider having multiple LLCs.
- The importance of trademarking your brand.
- How to advocate for proof of license.
- The pros and cons of hiring a contractor vs. hiring an employee.
- What you should be asking your contractors for.
- Some of the most important HR legal aspects to be aware of.
Favorite Quotes from Lauren Boyd
“Most things in business are mindset.” – Lauren Boyd [2:25]
“The type of founder that is going to take the step to trademark is also the founder that is doing other things that are making their business more successful.” – Lauren Boyd [3:30]
“If you are going to continue to invest in the goodwill and the recognition of your business, it’s really the time to think about the trademark right now.” – Lauren Boyd [14:20]
Resources Featured In This Episode:
Join the Hub for more training, information, and connections.
Use the hashtag #AskAshley on Instagram, or tag her at @ajalderson or @theboutiquehub to suggest topics for the podcast and let us know what you thought about this episode!
Do you love the Boutique Chat Podcast?! Subscribe to our podcast and after that, leave us a review on iTunes Apple Podcasts here!
Original Air Date: June 21st, 2022
Do you love the details of Building A Strong Legal Foundation For Your Business? Let us know what you think about our show and help spread the word about the #BoutiqueChat Podcast.
- The Boutique Hub at Dallas Market Home and GiftThe time has come for the June 2023 Dallas Market Home and Gift and the Hub team couldn’t be more excited! We know how busy market days can be so we wanted to make sure you guys are filled in on our schedule so you can come and stop by!
- The Boutique Hub at Dallas Apparel MarketThe time has come for the June 2023 Dallas Apparel & Accessories Market and the Hub team couldn’t be more excited! We know how busy market days can be so we wanted to make sure you guys are filled in on our schedule so you can come and stop by!
- Boutique Revenue Growth10 Tips on Ways to GROW your Revenue this Year – YES, please! Sara Burks – our Director of Education and Partnership – is sharing her top TEN tips on how to grow your Boutique’s revenue this year.