Today we’re getting into all things legal! Lauren Boyd is the Founder of Guide My Business, a boutique law firm that empowers entrepreneurs by helping them to build a strong legal foundation, and she’s joining me today to deep dive into all of the really important legal aspects of your business. I have seen too many boutiques and retailers get their social media or Shopify accounts taken down by simply not doing the legal stuff right, so this is an episode you literally can’t afford to miss!
Grab your pen and paper and get ready to take notes as we walk through the importance of not only trademarking your own business, but also making sure that the brands you are buying from have proper licensing agreements in place on their end. We also dive into HR law, the difference between hiring employees versus hiring contractors, and all the things that you need to know to make sure that your business is set up on a strong legal foundation right from the jump.
>> Building A Strong Legal Foundation For Your Business – LISTEN NOW ON iTunes <<
>> Building A Strong Legal Foundation For Your Business – LISTEN NOW ON Spotify <<
See the Full Boutique Chat Podcast Website here
Watch the interview on YouTube:
What You’ll Learn From Building A Strong Legal Foundation For Your Business
- What the first step is when working with Guide My Business.
- The benefits of incorporating.
- When to consider having multiple LLCs.
- The importance of trademarking your brand.
- How to advocate for proof of license.
- The pros and cons of hiring a contractor vs. hiring an employee.
- What you should be asking your contractors for.
- Some of the most important HR legal aspects to be aware of.
Favorite Quotes from Lauren Boyd
“Most things in business are mindset.” – Lauren Boyd [2:25]
“The type of founder that is going to take the step to trademark is also the founder that is doing other things that are making their business more successful.” – Lauren Boyd [3:30]
“If you are going to continue to invest in the goodwill and the recognition of your business, it’s really the time to think about the trademark right now.” – Lauren Boyd [14:20]
Resources Featured In This Episode:
Join the Hub for more training, information, and connections.
Do you love the Boutique Chat Podcast?! Subscribe to our podcast and after that, leave us a review on iTunes Apple Podcasts here!
Original Air Date: June 21st, 2022
Do you love the details of Building A Strong Legal Foundation For Your Business? Let us know what you think about our show and help spread the word about the #BoutiqueChat Podcast.
- 12 Questions to Ask Yourself Before Launching Your Wholesale Apparel BrandEmbarking on the journey of manufacturing and launching your own apparel brand is an exciting endeavor, filled with creativity and the promise of bringing your unique vision to life. However, before you dive into the world of fashion, it’s crucial to take a moment for introspection and ask yourself some fundamental questions. These considerations will not only help you navigate the complexities of the fashion industry but also set the stage for a successful and sustainable apparel brand. Here are 12 questions to ponder before turning your fashion dreams into reality.
- Marketing Ideas for Home & Gift RetailersSocial media marketing is crucial for running a successful business these days. But lets be honest, some days its hard to constantly have to think about what content to post that will actually engage your audience. We’ve got you covered with some of our favorite marketing ideas. These ideas will work for any retail business, just adjust and cater to your niche as you see fit! Alright, lets get into our marketing ideas for Home & Gift Retailers.
- MAGIC Celebrates its 90th Anniversary: Join Us in Celebrating 90 Years of MAGIC!From east coast to west coast, MAGIC offers a variety of must-attend fashion events offering the largest wholesale selection of women’s trend-driven, young contemporary, and modern sportswear brands.