Today we’re getting into all things legal! Lauren Boyd is the Founder of Guide My Business, a boutique law firm that empowers entrepreneurs by helping them to build a strong legal foundation, and she’s joining me today to deep dive into all of the really important legal aspects of your business. I have seen too many boutiques and retailers get their social media or Shopify accounts taken down by simply not doing the legal stuff right, so this is an episode you literally can’t afford to miss!
Grab your pen and paper and get ready to take notes as we walk through the importance of not only trademarking your own business, but also making sure that the brands you are buying from have proper licensing agreements in place on their end. We also dive into HR law, the difference between hiring employees versus hiring contractors, and all the things that you need to know to make sure that your business is set up on a strong legal foundation right from the jump.
>> Building A Strong Legal Foundation For Your Business – LISTEN NOW ON iTunes <<
>> Building A Strong Legal Foundation For Your Business – LISTEN NOW ON Spotify <<
See the Full Boutique Chat Podcast Website here
Watch the interview on YouTube:
What You’ll Learn From Building A Strong Legal Foundation For Your Business
- What the first step is when working with Guide My Business.
- The benefits of incorporating.
- When to consider having multiple LLCs.
- The importance of trademarking your brand.
- How to advocate for proof of license.
- The pros and cons of hiring a contractor vs. hiring an employee.
- What you should be asking your contractors for.
- Some of the most important HR legal aspects to be aware of.
Favorite Quotes from Lauren Boyd
“Most things in business are mindset.” – Lauren Boyd [2:25]
“The type of founder that is going to take the step to trademark is also the founder that is doing other things that are making their business more successful.” – Lauren Boyd [3:30]
“If you are going to continue to invest in the goodwill and the recognition of your business, it’s really the time to think about the trademark right now.” – Lauren Boyd [14:20]
Resources Featured In This Episode:
Join the Hub for more training, information, and connections.
Do you love the Boutique Chat Podcast?! Subscribe to our podcast and after that, leave us a review on iTunes Apple Podcasts here!
Original Air Date: June 21st, 2022
Do you love the details of Building A Strong Legal Foundation For Your Business? Let us know what you think about our show and help spread the word about the #BoutiqueChat Podcast.
- How to Recession-Proof your BusinessWe know that nothing in the economy is ever certain. But whether you are feeling the weight of stand-still sales now, or just want to be prepared for anything, use these tried and true strategies to recession-proof your business from the Hub.
- Building A Strong Legal Foundation For Your BusinessLearn all the things that you need to know to make sure that your business is set up on a strong legal foundation right from the jump.
- Hub Team Boutique Wholesale Picks: Atlanta ApparelThe Hub team had so much fun at Atlanta Apparel! Besides meeting new members and connecting with current ones, one of our favorite parts of attending wholesale apparel markets is seeing all the new boutique fashion! The Hub team went around and chose some of their favorite boutique wholesale picks from Atlanta Market.