My guest this week is someone I admire as a businesswoman and big thinker, who not only continues to grow her boutique business in Nashville but has also launched her own wholesale brand.
Marla Skipper is the founder and owner of SVM Boutique and Nash Grey Wholesale, and today she’s joining me on the podcast to share all of the lessons she’s learned throughout the last decade.
We talk strategies for attracting and retaining both local customers and tourists, brand events and pop-ups, digital marketing, choosing the right location for your store and negotiating leases.
We also discuss how Marla’s wholesale line Nash Grey came to be. When it comes to launching a wholesale brand, she advocates starting small, building strong relationships with your manufacturers and relying on customer feedback.
I’ve gotten to know Marla as a member of the Mastermind program at The Boutique Hub and, having been able to watch her business grow and evolve, I’m so excited to see SVM Boutique celebrate its 10th anniversary this year!
Resources Featured In This Episode:
- SVM Boutique: Website | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | TikTok
- Nash Grey Wholesale: Hubventory | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest
- The Boutique Hub: Website | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | TikTok | YouTube
- Ashley Alderson: Instagram
- Boutique Hub Black
- Retail Bootcamp
- The Boutique Hub Membership
>>Creative Marketing Strategies and Breaking into Wholesale – LISTEN NOW ON iTunes <<
>>Creative Marketing Strategies and Breaking into Wholesale – LISTEN NOW ON Spotify <<
See the Full Boutique Chat Podcast Website here
Watch the episode on YouTube:
- Choosing locations and negotiating leases
- Marketing to locals and tourists
- Drawing new audiences through networking, partnerships and events
- Hard vs. soft ROIs
- The retailer-wholesaler relationship
- Launching a wholesale collection
- Finding the right manufacturers
- Customer feedback
Join the Hub for more training, information, and connections.
Do you love the Boutique Chat Podcast?! Subscribe to our podcast and after that, leave us a review on iTunes Apple Podcasts here!
Original Air Date: June 20th, 2023
Do you love the details of Creative Marketing Strategies and Breaking into Wholesale? Let us know what you think about our show and help spread the word about the #BoutiqueChat Podcast.
- How to Craft the Perfect Product Description For Your E-Commerce SiteIn the world of e-commerce, your product descriptions play a pivotal role in enticing potential customers and driving sales. A well-crafted product description can paint a vivid picture, answer questions, and address concerns, ultimately persuading shoppers to make a purchase. If you’re a small business owner looking to improve your product descriptions, you’re in the right place. In this blog post, we’ll explore the art of writing the perfect product description that captivates your audience and sets your boutique apart.
- The Power of Community and Collaboration with Anna Ledebuhr, Coulee BoutiqueCoulee Boutique owner Anna Ledebuhr talks community over competition, fostering activity through collaboration and planning events.
- Holiday Merchandising Must-Haves for Small Business OwnersSeasonal merchandising during the holidays can make a significant difference in your business’s success. It’s not just about offering the right products; it’s also about creating a festive and inviting atmosphere that draws customers in and encourages them to make purchases. In this blog, we’ll explore some holiday merchandising essentials for small business owners, along with tips on why they are essential for your success.