Jocelyn McClellan is an entrepreneur who has built multiple online businesses, an influencer with over 100,000 followers on YouTube and Instagram, and a true go-getter. She has been a speaker at the virtual Boutique Summit, attended Retail Bootcamp, trained in the Boutique Hub, and now I’m so excited to also have her on the podcast!
Grab a pen and notebook and listen in as Jocelyn shares so many tidbits in this episode, including the importance of authenticity and trust in the online space, how she cultivates that trust among her customers, and why she values community over competition. We also dive into some of the easy things that boutique owners should avoid to be successful, and Jocelyn tips to reach out to influencers you want to work with.
Watch the interview on YouTube:
What You’ll Learn In Cultivating Community Over Competition:
- Why Jocelyn focuses on authenticity online.
- How learning to trust herself has propelled her success online.
- Her strategy with direct sales.
- How to successfully work with other boutique owners.
- How to reach out to influencers.
- Why Jocelyn decided to start her own boutique while still collaborating with others.
- How boutique owners can make sure they’re hitting the mark for customers.
- What community over competition really means.
“I had to come to terms with trusting myself and learning to love myself all over again.” – Jocelyn McClellan [7:25]
“I never want anybody to feel like they’re not good enough to talk to me, ever.” – Jocelyn McClellan [15:00]
“It pays to work with companies that you want to support.” – Jocelyn McClellan [20:30]
- Jocelyn McClellan: Instagram | YouTube
- Fit Mission Makeup
- Joce By Design
- The Boutique Summit 2022
- Today’s episode was brought to you by Comment Sold click here to learn more: https://try.commentsold.com/partners/the-boutique-hub/
Join the Hub for more training, information, and connections.
Do you love the Boutique Chat Podcast?! Subscribe to our podcast and after that, leave us a review on iTunes Apple Podcasts here!
Original Air Date: March 15th, 2022
Do you love the details of Cultivating Community Over Competition? Let us know what you think about our show and help spread the word about the #BoutiqueChat Podcast.
- The Power of Community and Collaboration with Anna Ledebuhr, Coulee BoutiqueCoulee Boutique owner Anna Ledebuhr talks community over competition, fostering activity through collaboration and planning events.
- Holiday Merchandising Must-Haves for Small Business OwnersSeasonal merchandising during the holidays can make a significant difference in your business’s success. It’s not just about offering the right products; it’s also about creating a festive and inviting atmosphere that draws customers in and encourages them to make purchases. In this blog, we’ll explore some holiday merchandising essentials for small business owners, along with tips on why they are essential for your success.
- Retail Science and Systemization with Amy DeFauw, Katsch BoutiqueKatsch Boutique owner Amy DeFauw shares her experience in managing multiple locations, building a successful team and the art of delegation.