Jocelyn McClellan is an entrepreneur who has built multiple online businesses, an influencer with over 100,000 followers on YouTube and Instagram, and a true go-getter. She has been a speaker at the virtual Boutique Summit, attended Retail Bootcamp, trained in the Boutique Hub, and now I’m so excited to also have her on the podcast!
Grab a pen and notebook and listen in as Jocelyn shares so many tidbits in this episode, including the importance of authenticity and trust in the online space, how she cultivates that trust among her customers, and why she values community over competition. We also dive into some of the easy things that boutique owners should avoid to be successful, and Jocelyn tips to reach out to influencers you want to work with.
Watch the interview on YouTube:
What You’ll Learn In Cultivating Community Over Competition:
- Why Jocelyn focuses on authenticity online.
- How learning to trust herself has propelled her success online.
- Her strategy with direct sales.
- How to successfully work with other boutique owners.
- How to reach out to influencers.
- Why Jocelyn decided to start her own boutique while still collaborating with others.
- How boutique owners can make sure they’re hitting the mark for customers.
- What community over competition really means.
“I had to come to terms with trusting myself and learning to love myself all over again.” – Jocelyn McClellan [7:25]
“I never want anybody to feel like they’re not good enough to talk to me, ever.” – Jocelyn McClellan [15:00]
“It pays to work with companies that you want to support.” – Jocelyn McClellan [20:30]
- Jocelyn McClellan: Instagram | YouTube
- Fit Mission Makeup
- Joce By Design
- The Boutique Summit 2022
- Today’s episode was brought to you by Comment Sold click here to learn more: https://try.commentsold.com/partners/the-boutique-hub/
Join the Hub for more training, information, and connections.
Do you love the Boutique Chat Podcast?! Subscribe to our podcast and after that, leave us a review on iTunes Apple Podcasts here!
Original Air Date: March 15th, 2022
Do you love the details of Cultivating Community Over Competition? Let us know what you think about our show and help spread the word about the #BoutiqueChat Podcast.
- Keys For Successful Boutique PlanningI know this time of year is when most of us are starting to think ahead about planning for the new year, so today I’m…
- Small Business Owner HacksBeing a small business owner is no easy job. Here at The Boutique Hub, we are dedicated to helping small business owners succeed with education, strategy, support, and community. Here are a few small business owner hacks to help you succeed!
- How To Manage Your Boutique’s InventoryYou know that feeling when you team up with a boutique bestie who just gets it, and you can talk all things industry knowing that…