No one knows the meaning of hard work and perseverance better than my guest today, Anais Almazan, the founder and owner of Pretty & Pink Boutique. I want to encourage you all to listen to this episode because her story is truly inspiring! I may even shed a tear or two during this one.
Anais fell in love with retail while working at the local Dollar General in Eldorado, Texas. She had little capital and no idea how to start a business, but she was determined to make her dream of owning a fashion boutique a reality and that meant she had to put in the work and figure it out. Today she has a 4,000-square-foot storefront in San Angelo, a full staff and a booming ecommerce business.
Anais talks about overcoming adversity, the mindset it takes to make a business work, building an authentic community and some of the tools and strategies she implements day-to-day. She also discusses the adversity she’s faced along the way as a Mexican-American who speaks English as a second language and how she serves the Hispanic community (as well as offers advice for how other boutique owners can too!)
Resources Featured In This Episode:
- Pretty & Pink: Website | Facebook | Instagram
- The Boutique Hub: Website | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | TikTok | YouTube
- Ashley Alderson: Instagram
- 2024 Boutique Boss Planner
- Holiday Marketing Masterclass
- Small Business Marketing Handbook
- Small Business Hiring Handbook
- Boutique Owner Basics
- How to Start a Boutique Handbook
- Instagram Ignite Masterclass
- Content Sanity Masterclass
- Boutique Summit 2024
- Boutique Hub Black
Watch it on YouTube:
What You’ll Learn About in Dig In and Do The Hard Thing with Anais Almazan
- The mind set needed to build a successful business
- Struggles and triumphs for first time boutique owners
- Building an authentic community
- Adapting to the changes in social media and marketing trends
- How to be more inclusive to Spanish speakers in your community
Join the Hub for more training, information, and connections.
Do you love the Boutique Chat Podcast?! Subscribe to our podcast and after that, leave us a review on iTunes Apple Podcasts here!
Original Air Date: November 28, 2023
Do you love the details of Dig In and Do The Hard Thing? Let us know what you think about our show and help spread the word about the #BoutiqueChat Podcast.
- 12 Questions to Ask Yourself Before Launching Your Wholesale Apparel BrandEmbarking on the journey of manufacturing and launching your own apparel brand is an exciting endeavor, filled with creativity and the promise of bringing your unique vision to life. However, before you dive into the world of fashion, it’s crucial to take a moment for introspection and ask yourself some fundamental questions. These considerations will not only help you navigate the complexities of the fashion industry but also set the stage for a successful and sustainable apparel brand. Here are 12 questions to ponder before turning your fashion dreams into reality.
- Marketing Ideas for Home & Gift RetailersSocial media marketing is crucial for running a successful business these days. But lets be honest, some days its hard to constantly have to think about what content to post that will actually engage your audience. We’ve got you covered with some of our favorite marketing ideas. These ideas will work for any retail business, just adjust and cater to your niche as you see fit! Alright, lets get into our marketing ideas for Home & Gift Retailers.
- MAGIC Celebrates its 90th Anniversary: Join Us in Celebrating 90 Years of MAGIC!From east coast to west coast, MAGIC offers a variety of must-attend fashion events offering the largest wholesale selection of women’s trend-driven, young contemporary, and modern sportswear brands.