When we think about the fashion industry, we often get bogged down in the logistics of boutique ownership and going to market. But in order to really be successful, it’s important to think beyond where the products are coming from and how they get to us. We also have to think about what their intended purpose is. I’m digging into one of those intended purposes today as I speak with Megan Meadors, a current costumer on the set of Yellowstone and a former boutique owner.
Listen in as we talk all about fashion and character development, as well as how Megan found her way onto the set of Yellowstone as a costumer. You’ll learn how fashion is used throughout the series to define characters and how cool it is to have a trailer full of goodies to use for building a character. Megan also shares some of her favorite moments—and costumes—from Yellowstone, so this is an episode you won’t want to miss!
Watch the interview on YouTube:
What You’ll Learn In From The Set of Yellowstone:
- What Megan does on the set of Yellowstone.
- How she got into the industry and onto the set of Yellowstone.
- How she uses fashion to develop characters.
- How the pandemic has influenced fashion.
- What clothes can mean for a person.
“We make sure adults are wearing clothes.” – Megan Meadors [3:40]
“Being a mom definitely changes your perspective on how kids see things and how you want to protect them.” – Megan Meadors [17:20]
“We want people to know what we do and who we are.” – Megan Meadors [27:35]
- Courtenay Dehoff
- Today’s episode was brought to you by Glow Group click here to learn more: [email protected]
Simple Ads for Store Owners, will show you how to make ads that will get your potential buyers to stop scrolling and start clicking!Once you know how to do it, creating an ad that really works is easier than you think.
—> Learn the 5 rules for creating effective ads that work
—> See examples of successful ads created by real store owners just like you.
Here’s the link: https://learn.thesocialsalesgirls.com/simple-ads-for-store-owners/
Join the Hub for more training, information, and connections.
Do you love the Boutique Chat Podcast?! Subscribe to our podcast and after that, leave us a review on iTunes Apple Podcasts here!
Original Air Date: March 1st, 2022
Do you love the details of How To Grow a Sustainable Business Like an Expert? Let us know what you think about our show and help spread the word about the #BoutiqueChat Podcast.
- 12 Questions to Ask Yourself Before Launching Your Wholesale Apparel BrandEmbarking on the journey of manufacturing and launching your own apparel brand is an exciting endeavor, filled with creativity and the promise of bringing your unique vision to life. However, before you dive into the world of fashion, it’s crucial to take a moment for introspection and ask yourself some fundamental questions. These considerations will not only help you navigate the complexities of the fashion industry but also set the stage for a successful and sustainable apparel brand. Here are 12 questions to ponder before turning your fashion dreams into reality.
- Marketing Ideas for Home & Gift RetailersSocial media marketing is crucial for running a successful business these days. But lets be honest, some days its hard to constantly have to think about what content to post that will actually engage your audience. We’ve got you covered with some of our favorite marketing ideas. These ideas will work for any retail business, just adjust and cater to your niche as you see fit! Alright, lets get into our marketing ideas for Home & Gift Retailers.
- MAGIC Celebrates its 90th Anniversary: Join Us in Celebrating 90 Years of MAGIC!From east coast to west coast, MAGIC offers a variety of must-attend fashion events offering the largest wholesale selection of women’s trend-driven, young contemporary, and modern sportswear brands.