Karli Harris Pennington is the owner, founder, and CEO of Everyday Chic Boutique. She is an absolute magnet for other boutique owners because of her willingness to sit down and talk openly about how she has grown her hugely successful business from brick and mortar to eCommerce, and she joins the show today to share her amazing insight. Get ready to take notes because I know you’re going to love this one!
Tune in as Karli opens up about how she combines the best of live selling with the best of eCommerce to grow her business. You’ll learn the strategy she uses to increase her average order value, the logistics of how she builds and launches her collections, and how she trained her customers not to rely on live selling. We also cover the most common mistake that new boutique owners make when they’re first starting out and how to avoid falling into the same trap.
Watch the interview on YouTube:
What You’ll Learn In From Brick and Mortar to eCommerce:
- How Karli got started in the boutique business.
- Why she made the move from brick and mortar to online.
- How she trained her customers to go to her site to purchase.
- Why Karli made building collections central to her business model.
- How she plans and launches her collections.
- What her average order value looks like.
- The benefits of customer returns.
- The most common mistakes boutique owners make when they’re starting out.
“It’s not set in stone, but we don’t ever miss a deadline either.” – Karli Harris Pennington [16:35]
“We’re not The Nordstrom Way, but we treat you the way we want to be treated, and I demand outstanding customer service.” – Karli Harris Pennington [20:40]
“I do believe my strongest point as a business owner is staying in my own lane.” – Karli Harris Pennington [23:00]
- Karli Harris Pennington: LinkedIn
- Everyday Chic Boutique
- The Boutique Summit 2022
- Today’s episode was brought to you by Glow Group click here to learn more: [email protected]
Join the Hub for more training, information, and connections.
Do you love the Boutique Chat Podcast?! Subscribe to our podcast and after that, leave us a review on iTunes Apple Podcasts here!
Original Air Date: March 8th, 2022
Do you love the details of How To Grow a Sustainable Business Like an Expert? Let us know what you think about our show and help spread the word about the #BoutiqueChat Podcast.
- Holiday Season Playbook: 5 Pro Tips for Boutique SuccessAs boutique store owners, you understand the importance of gearing up for the retail extravaganza that is this entire holiday season. That’s why we’ve curated a set of exclusive tips, tailor-made for boutique stores like yours. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or diving into this season for the first time, our expert advice is here to empower you!
- Boutique Owner’s End of the Year ChecklistWe are so excited to be bringing you some tips to make rolling into 2024 the smoothest transition yet! Here you will find our Boutique Owner’s End of the Year Checklist, filled with info on taxes, inventory, and more!
- Dig In and Do The Hard Thing with Anais Almazan, Pretty & Pink BoutiqueAnais Almazan, founder and owner of Pretty & Pink Boutique, shares her story from growing her business to building a true community.