Karli Harris Pennington is the owner, founder, and CEO of Everyday Chic Boutique. She is an absolute magnet for other boutique owners because of her willingness to sit down and talk openly about how she has grown her hugely successful business from brick and mortar to eCommerce, and she joins the show today to share her amazing insight. Get ready to take notes because I know you’re going to love this one!
Tune in as Karli opens up about how she combines the best of live selling with the best of eCommerce to grow her business. You’ll learn the strategy she uses to increase her average order value, the logistics of how she builds and launches her collections, and how she trained her customers not to rely on live selling. We also cover the most common mistake that new boutique owners make when they’re first starting out and how to avoid falling into the same trap.
>>From Brick and Mortar to eCommerce – LISTEN NOW ON iTunes <<
>> From Brick and Mortar to eCommerce – LISTEN NOW ON Spotify <<
See the Full Boutique Chat Podcast Website here
Watch the interview on YouTube:
What You’ll Learn In From Brick and Mortar to eCommerce:
- How Karli got started in the boutique business.
- Why she made the move from brick and mortar to online.
- How she trained her customers to go to her site to purchase.
- Why Karli made building collections central to her business model.
- How she plans and launches her collections.
- What her average order value looks like.
- The benefits of customer returns.
- The most common mistakes boutique owners make when they’re starting out.
“It’s not set in stone, but we don’t ever miss a deadline either.” – Karli Harris Pennington [16:35]
“We’re not The Nordstrom Way, but we treat you the way we want to be treated, and I demand outstanding customer service.” – Karli Harris Pennington [20:40]
“I do believe my strongest point as a business owner is staying in my own lane.” – Karli Harris Pennington [23:00]
- Karli Harris Pennington: LinkedIn
- Everyday Chic Boutique
- The Boutique Summit 2022
- Today’s episode was brought to you by Glow Group click here to learn more: [email protected]
Join the Hub for more training, information, and connections.
Use the hashtag #AskAshley on Instagram, or tag her at @ajalderson or @theboutiquehub to suggest topics for the podcast and let us know what you thought about this episode!
Do you love the Boutique Chat Podcast?! Subscribe to our podcast and after that, leave us a review on iTunes Apple Podcasts here!
Original Air Date: March 8th, 2022
Do you love the details of How To Grow a Sustainable Business Like an Expert? Let us know what you think about our show and help spread the word about the #BoutiqueChat Podcast.
- The Boutique Hub at Dallas Market Home and GiftThe time has come for the June 2023 Dallas Market Home and Gift and the Hub team couldn’t be more excited! We know how busy market days can be so we wanted to make sure you guys are filled in on our schedule so you can come and stop by!
- The Boutique Hub at Dallas Apparel MarketThe time has come for the June 2023 Dallas Apparel & Accessories Market and the Hub team couldn’t be more excited! We know how busy market days can be so we wanted to make sure you guys are filled in on our schedule so you can come and stop by!
- Boutique Revenue Growth10 Tips on Ways to GROW your Revenue this Year – YES, please! Sara Burks – our Director of Education and Partnership – is sharing her top TEN tips on how to grow your Boutique’s revenue this year.