Karli Harris Pennington is the owner, founder, and CEO of Everyday Chic Boutique. She is an absolute magnet for other boutique owners because of her willingness to sit down and talk openly about how she has grown her hugely successful business from brick and mortar to eCommerce, and she joins the show today to share her amazing insight. Get ready to take notes because I know you’re going to love this one!
Tune in as Karli opens up about how she combines the best of live selling with the best of eCommerce to grow her business. You’ll learn the strategy she uses to increase her average order value, the logistics of how she builds and launches her collections, and how she trained her customers not to rely on live selling. We also cover the most common mistake that new boutique owners make when they’re first starting out and how to avoid falling into the same trap.
Watch the interview on YouTube:
What You’ll Learn In From Brick and Mortar to eCommerce:
- How Karli got started in the boutique business.
- Why she made the move from brick and mortar to online.
- How she trained her customers to go to her site to purchase.
- Why Karli made building collections central to her business model.
- How she plans and launches her collections.
- What her average order value looks like.
- The benefits of customer returns.
- The most common mistakes boutique owners make when they’re starting out.
“It’s not set in stone, but we don’t ever miss a deadline either.” – Karli Harris Pennington [16:35]
“We’re not The Nordstrom Way, but we treat you the way we want to be treated, and I demand outstanding customer service.” – Karli Harris Pennington [20:40]
“I do believe my strongest point as a business owner is staying in my own lane.” – Karli Harris Pennington [23:00]
- Karli Harris Pennington: LinkedIn
- Everyday Chic Boutique
- The Boutique Summit 2022
- Today’s episode was brought to you by Glow Group click here to learn more: [email protected]
Join the Hub for more training, information, and connections.
Do you love the Boutique Chat Podcast?! Subscribe to our podcast and after that, leave us a review on iTunes Apple Podcasts here!
Original Air Date: March 8th, 2022
Do you love the details of How To Grow a Sustainable Business Like an Expert? Let us know what you think about our show and help spread the word about the #BoutiqueChat Podcast.
- Maximize Your Instagram PresenceDeep diving into the tips, tools, and trainings to make your Instagram account generate leads and grow your business.
- 10 Hiring Tips for Growing Your BusinessHow do you know if you are ready to hire someone and what steps do you take to do so? Use these quick 10 hiring tips on how to hire your next employee.
- Lori Harder: Learning In The Messy and Speaking Your Dreams Out LoudLori Harder shares all the highs and lows of her experiences in business and discusses some of the most common struggles that women in business face today (including how to overcome them).