Many of you are getting ready for the holiday season and all of the promotional days that happen during the fourth quarter, and you’re probably starting to think about what kind of promotions you’ll be running for Pink and Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and all the other days that make up the holiday season. You’re probably also starting to think about what the big box stores will be doing this year with so much unsold inventory, which is why in this short and sweet episode, I’m giving you some quick tips that will leave you with cash in your pocket by the time 2023 rolls around.
Listen in as I share why your sales numbers don’t matter, the number that you should be putting your focus on, and the importance of planning ahead to get through the holiday season with money in your pocket. I also discuss the difference between sales and promotions, as well as how to use promotions as a means of lead generation that will pay off for (hopefully) years to come.
Watch the interview on YouTube:
What You’ll Learn From Quick Tips for Surviving the Holiday Season
- Why you should stop chasing your sales number.
- The importance of planning ahead.
- How sales and promotions are different.
- The different types of promotions.
Resources Featured In This Episode:
Favorite Quotes from Ashley Alderson
“We want freedom and flexibility, AND we want financial opportunity.” – Ashley Alderson [2:50]
“Do not sell your diamonds with your dirt.” – Ashley Alderson [4:50]
“Sales are meant to attract people to your business, not to give away the farm in your business.” – Ashley Alderson [5:10]
Join the Hub for more training, information, and connections.
Do you love the Boutique Chat Podcast?! Subscribe to our podcast and after that, leave us a review on iTunes Apple Podcasts here!
Original Air Date: October 4th, 2022
Do you love the details of Quick Tips for Surviving the Holiday Season? Let us know what you think about our show and help spread the word about the #BoutiqueChat Podcast.
- The Power of Community and Collaboration with Anna Ledebuhr, Coulee BoutiqueCoulee Boutique owner Anna Ledebuhr talks community over competition, fostering activity through collaboration and planning events.
- Holiday Merchandising Must-Haves for Small Business OwnersSeasonal merchandising during the holidays can make a significant difference in your business’s success. It’s not just about offering the right products; it’s also about creating a festive and inviting atmosphere that draws customers in and encourages them to make purchases. In this blog, we’ll explore some holiday merchandising essentials for small business owners, along with tips on why they are essential for your success.
- Retail Science and Systemization with Amy DeFauw, Katsch BoutiqueKatsch Boutique owner Amy DeFauw shares her experience in managing multiple locations, building a successful team and the art of delegation.