Many of you are getting ready for the holiday season and all of the promotional days that happen during the fourth quarter, and you’re probably starting to think about what kind of promotions you’ll be running for Pink and Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and all the other days that make up the holiday season. You’re probably also starting to think about what the big box stores will be doing this year with so much unsold inventory, which is why in this short and sweet episode, I’m giving you some quick tips that will leave you with cash in your pocket by the time 2023 rolls around.
Listen in as I share why your sales numbers don’t matter, the number that you should be putting your focus on, and the importance of planning ahead to get through the holiday season with money in your pocket. I also discuss the difference between sales and promotions, as well as how to use promotions as a means of lead generation that will pay off for (hopefully) years to come.
>>Quick Tips for Surviving the Holiday Season– LISTEN NOW ON iTunes <<
>>Quick Tips for Surviving the Holiday Season– LISTEN NOW ON Spotify <<
See the Full Boutique Chat Podcast Website here
Watch the interview on YouTube:
What You’ll Learn From Quick Tips for Surviving the Holiday Season
- Why you should stop chasing your sales number.
- The importance of planning ahead.
- How sales and promotions are different.
- The different types of promotions.
Resources Featured In This Episode:
- Ashley Alderson: Instagram
- The Holiday Marketing MasterClass
Favorite Quotes from Ashley Alderson
“We want freedom and flexibility, AND we want financial opportunity.” – Ashley Alderson [2:50]
“Do not sell your diamonds with your dirt.” – Ashley Alderson [4:50]
“Sales are meant to attract people to your business, not to give away the farm in your business.” – Ashley Alderson [5:10]
Join the Hub for more training, information, and connections.
Use the hashtag #AskAshley on Instagram, or tag her at @ajalderson or @theboutiquehub to suggest topics for the podcast and let us know what you thought about this episode!
Do you love the Boutique Chat Podcast?! Subscribe to our podcast and after that, leave us a review on iTunes Apple Podcasts here!
Original Air Date: October 4th, 2022
Do you love the details of Quick Tips for Surviving the Holiday Season? Let us know what you think about our show and help spread the word about the #BoutiqueChat Podcast.
- Maximizing Events and the Customer Experience with Jodi Stevens, Bless Your Heart BoutiqueToday I am chatting with an OG member of The Hub and the queen of events Jodi Stevens, owner of Bless Your Heart Boutique! In addition to taking me through the evolution of her storefront and the lessons she’s learned along the way, Jodi shares all her event planning tips and tricks, and specifically how…
- The Boutique Hub at Atlanta ApparelThe Boutique Hub Team can’t wait to head back to Atlanta market with you all! There is so much going on so we want to make sure you’re prepared. Here’s what you need to know about the March 2023 Atlanta market…
- Scaling With Systems with Denise AlbrightWe have a lot to talk about in this episode! I’m joined by Denise Albright, a creative entrepreneur who founded her first company in 1999 and has had an entrepreneurial mindset since childhood. After taking a break in 2007 to focus on her family, Denise’s entrepreneurial spirit was reignited in 2015 when a production delay…