Many of you are getting ready for the holiday season and all of the promotional days that happen during the fourth quarter, and you’re probably starting to think about what kind of promotions you’ll be running for Pink and Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and all the other days that make up the holiday season. You’re probably also starting to think about what the big box stores will be doing this year with so much unsold inventory, which is why in this short and sweet episode, I’m giving you some quick tips that will leave you with cash in your pocket by the time 2023 rolls around.
Listen in as I share why your sales numbers don’t matter, the number that you should be putting your focus on, and the importance of planning ahead to get through the holiday season with money in your pocket. I also discuss the difference between sales and promotions, as well as how to use promotions as a means of lead generation that will pay off for (hopefully) years to come.
Watch the interview on YouTube:
What You’ll Learn From Quick Tips for Surviving the Holiday Season
- Why you should stop chasing your sales number.
- The importance of planning ahead.
- How sales and promotions are different.
- The different types of promotions.
Resources Featured In This Episode:
Favorite Quotes from Ashley Alderson
“We want freedom and flexibility, AND we want financial opportunity.” – Ashley Alderson [2:50]
“Do not sell your diamonds with your dirt.” – Ashley Alderson [4:50]
“Sales are meant to attract people to your business, not to give away the farm in your business.” – Ashley Alderson [5:10]
Join the Hub for more training, information, and connections.
Do you love the Boutique Chat Podcast?! Subscribe to our podcast and after that, leave us a review on iTunes Apple Podcasts here!
Original Air Date: October 4th, 2022
Do you love the details of Quick Tips for Surviving the Holiday Season? Let us know what you think about our show and help spread the word about the #BoutiqueChat Podcast.
- The Boutique Hub at MAGIC NashvilleWe are heading to Nashville and can’t wait! The Boutique Hub Team is excited to partner with MAGIC at their inaugural Nashville event. Here’s everything you need to know about attending…
- The Boutique Hub at the March Dallas MarketsThe time has come for the March 2024 Dallas Markets and the Hub team couldn’t be more excited! We know how busy market days can be so we wanted to make sure you guys are filled in on our schedule so you can come and stop by!
- Growing Your Boutique on InstagramInstagram is one of the most powerful platforms in the world to build your brand, increase your sales, and grow your retail business. A successful content strategy can change your business forever! Here at the Boutique Hub, we are dedicated to helping retailers grow and succeed in every aspect of business. Here are our top 5 tips for growing your boutique on Instagram!