Shoppers are bombarded with deals, specials and incentives on Thanksgiving weekend and the days preceding – how are you going to stand out from the crowd?
There’s an art to crafting a good offer, it’s a balance between moving your customers to action and not giving away the entire farm.
Here are a few ideas to help get your own creative juices flowing!
Then, once you’ve got these, we’ve got more here on our Holiday Marketing Masterclass!
5 Ways to Craft Offers Your Customers will Love
1. Create a Loss Leader.
Find an item your customers will love most that you can discount to move customers to your store or website, that you still keep some margin on. Think, door-busters! Perhaps your door-buster is a product you purchased at a great price with good markup like accessories, or it’s a gift for the first 30 purchases like druzy earrings.
2. Offer Bundles.
Some of your shoppers will be savvy enough to style outfits together, while others won’t or won’t have time to make that many clicks. Pair outfits together and offer them as a package price. What a fun thing to market to men that makes their life a little easier! Afterall, does your husband know your size or what you like?
3. Offer Incentives for Later.
Increase 1st Quarter sales by offering bonuses or gift cards available only after January 1st, to shoppers who reach a certain spending threshold, win a contest or sign-up for your e-news list!
4. Give a Gift with Purchase.
Depending on the size/value of your gift with purchase, you may consider only offering this with sales above your AOV amount. Or, a smaller gift with any smaller order. You might be surprised at what shoppers will spend to get something (cute) for free. Here’s a way you could also use the gift card or bonus for 1st Quarter!
5. Offer Hourly Specials.
The early bird gets the worm! Create a scaled discount that starts high in the morning and lessons throughout the day. This again creates urgency for your shoppers and demand for popular items. Just be careful not to go too high with your sale. Rather than discounts across the store, choose which categories you want to move and that still offer protected margins. Then, change categories each hour to keep a lower offered discount.
We are rooting for you this holiday season and beyond! As always, leave us a comment and tell us what you think or Pin this post for quick reference anytime!
WANT ACCESS TO THE ONLY HOLIDAY MARKETING COURSE FOR BOUTIQUE OWNERS? Here’s what’s inside the Holiday Marketing Masterclass.
- The Power of Community and Collaboration with Anna Ledebuhr, Coulee BoutiqueCoulee Boutique owner Anna Ledebuhr talks community over competition, fostering activity through collaboration and planning events.
- Holiday Merchandising Must-Haves for Small Business OwnersSeasonal merchandising during the holidays can make a significant difference in your business’s success. It’s not just about offering the right products; it’s also about creating a festive and inviting atmosphere that draws customers in and encourages them to make purchases. In this blog, we’ll explore some holiday merchandising essentials for small business owners, along with tips on why they are essential for your success.
- Retail Science and Systemization with Amy DeFauw, Katsch BoutiqueKatsch Boutique owner Amy DeFauw shares her experience in managing multiple locations, building a successful team and the art of delegation.
- Tips for Sourcing Wholesale in Downtown LAIf you’re in the retail business, especially in fashion, textiles, or any other industry, sourcing wholesale goods from Downtown Los Angeles can be a game-changer. The Fashion District and the surrounding areas are home to a plethora of wholesalers offering a wide range of products at competitive prices. To help you navigate this bustling wholesale hub successfully, we’ve compiled a list of valuable tips that will make your wholesale sourcing journey in Downtown LA a breeze.
- HV Anniversary Special: Why to Shop and What’s New on Hubventory.comWe’re spotlighting Hubventory on the podcast to celebrate the platform’s first anniversary! Ashley shares new features and exclusive offers for Hub members.