Shoppers are bombarded with deals, specials and incentives on Thanksgiving weekend and the days preceding – how are you going to stand out from the crowd?
There’s an art to crafting a good offer, it’s a balance between moving your customers to action and not giving away the entire farm.
Here are a few ideas to help get your own creative juices flowing!
Then, once you’ve got these, we’ve got more here on our Holiday Marketing Masterclass!
5 Ways to Craft Offers Your Customers will Love
1. Create a Loss Leader.
Find an item your customers will love most that you can discount to move customers to your store or website, that you still keep some margin on. Think, door-busters! Perhaps your door-buster is a product you purchased at a great price with good markup like accessories, or it’s a gift for the first 30 purchases like druzy earrings.
2. Offer Bundles.
Some of your shoppers will be savvy enough to style outfits together, while others won’t or won’t have time to make that many clicks. Pair outfits together and offer them as a package price. What a fun thing to market to men that makes their life a little easier! Afterall, does your husband know your size or what you like?
3. Offer Incentives for Later.
Increase 1st Quarter sales by offering bonuses or gift cards available only after January 1st, to shoppers who reach a certain spending threshold, win a contest or sign-up for your e-news list!
4. Give a Gift with Purchase.
Depending on the size/value of your gift with purchase, you may consider only offering this with sales above your AOV amount. Or, a smaller gift with any smaller order. You might be surprised at what shoppers will spend to get something (cute) for free. Here’s a way you could also use the gift card or bonus for 1st Quarter!
5. Offer Hourly Specials.
The early bird gets the worm! Create a scaled discount that starts high in the morning and lessons throughout the day. This again creates urgency for your shoppers and demand for popular items. Just be careful not to go too high with your sale. Rather than discounts across the store, choose which categories you want to move and that still offer protected margins. Then, change categories each hour to keep a lower offered discount.
We are rooting for you this holiday season and beyond! As always, leave us a comment and tell us what you think or Pin this post for quick reference anytime!
WANT ACCESS TO THE ONLY HOLIDAY MARKETING COURSE FOR BOUTIQUE OWNERS? Here’s what’s inside the Holiday Marketing Masterclass.
- The Best of Boutique Chat Season 4I’m thrilled to be back for an all-new season of Boutique Chat, and to kick off Season 5, I’m revisiting some of my favorite episodes of the last year! In this highlight reel you’ll hear from Social Sales Girls founder Susan Bradley on digital advertising and metrics, Everyday Chic Boutique owner Karli Harris Pennington on…
- How to Get Rid of Winter InventoryAfter all the holiday markdowns you may be asking the question, “What do I do with all my leftover winter stuff… I want to make room for spring goods!” Let’s go over the best plan of action on how to get rid of your winter inventory.
- The Boutique Hub at Atlanta ApparelThe Boutique Hub Team can’t wait to head back to Atlanta market with you all! There is so much going on so we want to make sure you’re prepared. Here’s what you need to know about the February 2023 Atlanta market…
- February 2023 Tradeshows in Las VegasTradeshows are back in full swing, so let’s go over the details. Here’s what you need to know about the February 20223 Tradeshows in Las Vegas.
- The Boutique Hub at Dallas MarketThe time has come for the January 2023 Dallas Apparel & Accessories Market and the Hub team couldn’t be more excited! We know how busy market days can be so we wanted to make sure you guys are filled in on our schedule so you can come and stop by!