Shoppers are bombarded with deals, specials and incentives on Thanksgiving weekend and the days preceding – how are you going to stand out from the crowd?
There’s an art to crafting a good offer, it’s a balance between moving your customers to action and not giving away the entire farm.
Here are a few ideas to help get your own creative juices flowing!
Then, once you’ve got these, we’ve got more here on our Holiday Marketing Masterclass!
5 Ways to Craft Offers Your Customers will Love
1. Create a Loss Leader.
Find an item your customers will love most that you can discount to move customers to your store or website, that you still keep some margin on. Think, door-busters! Perhaps your door-buster is a product you purchased at a great price with good markup like accessories, or it’s a gift for the first 30 purchases like druzy earrings.
2. Offer Bundles.
Some of your shoppers will be savvy enough to style outfits together, while others won’t or won’t have time to make that many clicks. Pair outfits together and offer them as a package price. What a fun thing to market to men that makes their life a little easier! Afterall, does your husband know your size or what you like?
3. Offer Incentives for Later.
Increase 1st Quarter sales by offering bonuses or gift cards available only after January 1st, to shoppers who reach a certain spending threshold, win a contest or sign-up for your e-news list!
4. Give a Gift with Purchase.
Depending on the size/value of your gift with purchase, you may consider only offering this with sales above your AOV amount. Or, a smaller gift with any smaller order. You might be surprised at what shoppers will spend to get something (cute) for free. Here’s a way you could also use the gift card or bonus for 1st Quarter!
5. Offer Hourly Specials.
The early bird gets the worm! Create a scaled discount that starts high in the morning and lessons throughout the day. This again creates urgency for your shoppers and demand for popular items. Just be careful not to go too high with your sale. Rather than discounts across the store, choose which categories you want to move and that still offer protected margins. Then, change categories each hour to keep a lower offered discount.
We are rooting for you this holiday season and beyond! As always, leave us a comment and tell us what you think or Pin this post for quick reference anytime!
WANT ACCESS TO THE ONLY HOLIDAY MARKETING COURSE FOR BOUTIQUE OWNERS? Here’s what’s inside the Holiday Marketing Masterclass.
- Showing your Customers Appreciation this Holiday SeasonNot only is Christmas the time for buying it’s also the time for GIVING. Often times we spend the months looking at numbers and forget about the amazing people who helped us create those numbers in the first place. How are you showing your customers appreciation this Holiday Season?
- How To Maximize Your Email MarketingDid you know that 64% of small businesses use email marketing and it is the most reliable method to boost marketing, more than social media! It’s easy to think of email marketing as an’ old traditional marketing strategy’, but it has proven to be still very relevant and effective, with 4.03 billion people using email around the world in 2021.
- Big Announcement and Saying Goodbye to Season 3Our final episode for season three of The Boutique Chat Podcast, a recent milestone we have hit and some exciting things to look forward to!
- Boutique Chat: The #1 Boutique PodcastThe Boutique Chat Podcast first launched on February 21st, 2018 and now we are the #1 Boutique Podcast in the industry. We are so excited to announce that we have hit 1 MILLION DOWNLOADS!
- How To Create Quality Content That Actually WorksLearn how to create amazing content that not only interests your viewers and prospective customers but also promotes your boutique.