If I could bundle up this conversation and all its good vibes for you, I 1000% would! Today I’m excited to chat with Maghon Taylor, artist and owner of All She Wrote Notes, member of The Boutique Hub and Retail Bootcamp, and an absolute ray of sunshine. She has an incredible business that I am so excited to dive into today and get the lowdown on licensing and so much more!
Get comfortable and listen in as we dissect how Maghon built her business as an artist, how she grew with licensing agreements as not only a retailer, but also with a showroom, a wholesale company, and an eCommerce site, and how she has scaled without accumulating debt along the way. She also shares what she has learned about scaling her brand, how video marketing has helped her exposure, and how she has leveraged the media to grow her brand – all without spending a dime.
Watch the interview on YouTube:
What You’ll Learn From Spreading Happiness Through Handwriting
- How Maghon discovered she had the gift of art.
- The pain points she experienced with monetizing her gift.
- Why she decided to build a licensing brand.
- How licensing agreements work.
- What she has learned about scaling her brand.
- How video marketing has been an asset to her brand.
- How she has leveraged media to grow her brand.
Resources Featured In This Episode:
Favorite Quotes from Maghon Taylor
“My mission is spreading happiness through my handwriting.” – Maghon Taylor [4:55]
“I was just creating for the fun and the joy of it.” – Maghon Taylor [5:10]
“Not having all your eggs in one basket has been a hard lesson.” – Maghon Taylor [9:15]
Join the Hub for more training, information, and connections.
Do you love the Boutique Chat Podcast?! Subscribe to our podcast and after that, leave us a review on iTunes Apple Podcasts here!
Original Air Date: October 18th, 2022
Do you love the details of Spreading Happiness Through Handwriting? Let us know what you think about our show and help spread the word about the #BoutiqueChat Podcast.
- Holiday Merchandising Must-Haves for Small Business OwnersSeasonal merchandising during the holidays can make a significant difference in your business’s success. It’s not just about offering the right products; it’s also about creating a festive and inviting atmosphere that draws customers in and encourages them to make purchases. In this blog, we’ll explore some holiday merchandising essentials for small business owners, along with tips on why they are essential for your success.
- Retail Science and Systemization with Amy DeFauw, Katsch BoutiqueKatsch Boutique owner Amy DeFauw shares her experience in managing multiple locations, building a successful team and the art of delegation.
- Tips for Sourcing Wholesale in Downtown LAIf you’re in the retail business, especially in fashion, textiles, or any other industry, sourcing wholesale goods from Downtown Los Angeles can be a game-changer. The Fashion District and the surrounding areas are home to a plethora of wholesalers offering a wide range of products at competitive prices. To help you navigate this bustling wholesale hub successfully, we’ve compiled a list of valuable tips that will make your wholesale sourcing journey in Downtown LA a breeze.