As I wrap up Season 5 of the podcast, I want to talk about the current state of our industry, where to look for new opportunity, how to approach marketing your business in 2024 … but mainly I want to talk about Taylor Swift!
Whether you like her music or not, you can’t deny that Taylor Swift has had a monumental economic impact. The Eras Tour alone had an estimated $5 billion impact. It’s also estimated that Taylor’s added an additional $300 million to the Kansas City Chiefs franchise in terms of merch sales and media deals. So as our industry is changing and customer spending habits are shifting, we can look at how our customers are spending money, specifically around Taylor Swift, and ask ourselves, what can we learn from it and how can we apply it to marketing our businesses in 2024?
People don’t want to just buy products, they want to buy experiences, they want to be a part of something, they want to feel good. And that’s something Taylor has done such a great job at offering her fans. Looking at her success, we can see the importance of things like leveraging nostalgia, building a community, creating content that resonates, collaborating with brands, storytelling, and using scarcity to drive sales.
We will back for Season 6 on March 19! I’m welcoming new guests, sharing new stories, and I’ll be throwing in some new bite-sized episodes to address trending topics and help you take action. So, I hope you’ll join me again in March for an all-new season of Boutique Chat! Until then, reach out to me on Instagram at @ajalderson. I would love to know what you think of the podcast, guests you’d like to see on the show, your wins throughout the year, issues you’re struggling with … I want to hear from you!
“People will do anything for those who encourage their dreams, justify their failures, allay their fears, confirm their suspicions, and help them throw rocks at their enemies.” ― Blair Warren
Resources Featured In This Episode:
- Ashley Alderson: Instagram
- The Boutique Hub: Website | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | TikTok | YouTube
- Boutique Summit 2024
- Small Business Marketing Handbook
- Small Business Hiring Handbook
- Brand Owner Basics Masterclass
- Tradeshow Marketing Handbook
- 2024 Trade Show Calendar
- Boutique Hub Black
>> 6 Lessons Business Owners Can Learn From Taylor Swift – LISTEN NOW ON iTunes <<
>> 6 Lessons Business Owners Can Learn From Taylor Swift – LISTEN NOW ON Spotify <<
See the Full Boutique Chat Podcast Website here
Watch it on YouTube:
6 Lessons Business Owners Can Learn From Taylor Swift
- Current state of the retail industry
- Where to look for new opportunity in the current climate
- Recent shifts in customer spending habits
- New marketing trends for 2024
- 6 Takeaways from Taylor Swift’s success and how to apply them to your business
- Leveraging nostalgia
- Building community
- Creating content that resonates
- Collaborating with brands
- The power of storytelling
- Using scarcity to drive sales
Join the Hub for more training, information, and connections.
Do you love the Boutique Chat Podcast?! Subscribe to our podcast and after that, leave us a review on iTunes Apple Podcasts here!
Original Air Date: February 6, 2024
Do you love the details of 6 Lessons Business Owners Can Learn From Taylor Swift with Ashley Alderson? Let us know what you think about our show and help spread the word about the #BoutiqueChat Podcast.
- 12 Questions to Ask Yourself Before Launching Your Wholesale Apparel BrandEmbarking on the journey of manufacturing and launching your own apparel brand is an exciting endeavor, filled with creativity and the promise of bringing your unique vision to life. However, before you dive into the world of fashion, it’s crucial to take a moment for introspection and ask yourself some fundamental questions. These considerations will not only help you navigate the complexities of the fashion industry but also set the stage for a successful and sustainable apparel brand. Here are 12 questions to ponder before turning your fashion dreams into reality.
- Marketing Ideas for Home & Gift RetailersSocial media marketing is crucial for running a successful business these days. But lets be honest, some days its hard to constantly have to think about what content to post that will actually engage your audience. We’ve got you covered with some of our favorite marketing ideas. These ideas will work for any retail business, just adjust and cater to your niche as you see fit! Alright, lets get into our marketing ideas for Home & Gift Retailers.
- MAGIC Celebrates its 90th Anniversary: Join Us in Celebrating 90 Years of MAGIC!From east coast to west coast, MAGIC offers a variety of must-attend fashion events offering the largest wholesale selection of women’s trend-driven, young contemporary, and modern sportswear brands.