05 Mar What Does it Take to Work With an Influencer?
What is it like to work with an influencer? How can your boutique benefit from this type of relationship?
Jessie Jarvis, Projects Manager at The Boutique Hub and a western fashion influencer, talks about how she became an influencer as a rancher through authenticity and engagement. Jessie offers up effective tips on how to evaluate influencers and what to include when drawing up contracts for influencers you hire. As a mother and a wife, Jessie balances her lifestyle with her business, and you can too with her social media and boutique-representing advice.
3 Key Points:
- Find influencers that have a similar audience to your business. YOU seek them out rather than waiting for them to come to you.
- Influencers are not a get rich quick game…they are a partner to help build your brand awareness. Built your expectations accordingly.
- There is nothing worse than unmet, unspoken expectations. Make sure you are working with your influencer on clear guidelines for your collaboration that satisfy both parties. No influencer wants to work for free, make it a win-win!
- “I don’t care about the number of followers that I have because that many people aren’t going to show up to my funeral.” – Jessie Jarvis
- “There are professionals who have worked to curate and build their audiences’ engagement. And if you want to tap into that audience then you need to treat them as professionals and you need to compensate them as professionals.” – Jessie Jarvis
- “9.75 times out of 10 I only tag (on Instagram) a boutique or brand in the photo. I never actually talk about the item in my caption. And the reason is because I still want to be showing my lifestyle authentically, not saying – hey buy this now.¨ – Jessie Jarvis
FOR MORE ON THE BOUTIQUE HUB & BOUTIQUE CHAT
Join the Hub for more trainings, information, and connections.
Want to be our listener of the week? Subscribe if you love the show, then leave us a review on iTunes Apple Podcasts here!
FOLLOW JESSIE JARVIS
Original Air Date: March 5, 2019
Love this episode? We would be so humbled to hear your review on Apple Podcasts or iTunes! Or, let us know below!