Get ready for an important conversation that no apparel boutique owner who carries extended and plus sizes will want to miss. Our guest today is Jessica Throneburg, the founder and COO of Little Details Boutique. Not only is she a long-time friend of mine, but she’s also a valued member of The Boutique Hub community and has been in business for more than a decade! She joins the show today as the first guest of our 10th Anniversary Series to share the highs and lows of building a fully size-inclusive boutique.
Get comfortable and listen in as Jessica shares her approach to handling challenges and stumbling blocks with a determination to find solutions rather than vent. You’ll hear about how she makes customers feel welcome in her boutique, a critical issue plaguing the industry today, and what it takes to successfully manufacture apparel for all body shapes and sizes.
Resources Featured In This Episode:
- Jessica Throneburg: Website | Facebook | Instagram
- The Boutique Hub: Website | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | TikTok | YouTube
- Ashley Alderson: Instagram
- Boutique Hub Black
- Retail Bootcamp
- The Boutique Hub Membership
Watch the episode on YouTube:
What You’ll Learn From Building a Size-Inclusive Boutique
- How Jessica got into the boutique business.
- How to weather the highs and lows of business.
- The top things to know when selling size-inclusive products.
- The difference between size-inclusive and plus size.
- How to merchandise size-inclusive clothes online and in-store.
- How Jessica evaluates vendors that she brings into her boutique.
- Tips to speak with vendors about expanding sizes offered.
Join the Hub for more training, information, and connections.
Do you love the Boutique Chat Podcast?! Subscribe to our podcast and after that, leave us a review on iTunes Apple Podcasts here!
Original Air Date: July 11th, 2023
Do you love the details of Building a Size-Inclusive Boutique? Let us know what you think about our show and help spread the word about the #BoutiqueChat Podcast.
- How to Craft the Perfect Product Description For Your E-Commerce SiteIn the world of e-commerce, your product descriptions play a pivotal role in enticing potential customers and driving sales. A well-crafted product description can paint a vivid picture, answer questions, and address concerns, ultimately persuading shoppers to make a purchase. If you’re a small business owner looking to improve your product descriptions, you’re in the right place. In this blog post, we’ll explore the art of writing the perfect product description that captivates your audience and sets your boutique apart.
- The Power of Community and Collaboration with Anna Ledebuhr, Coulee BoutiqueCoulee Boutique owner Anna Ledebuhr talks community over competition, fostering activity through collaboration and planning events.
- Holiday Merchandising Must-Haves for Small Business OwnersSeasonal merchandising during the holidays can make a significant difference in your business’s success. It’s not just about offering the right products; it’s also about creating a festive and inviting atmosphere that draws customers in and encourages them to make purchases. In this blog, we’ll explore some holiday merchandising essentials for small business owners, along with tips on why they are essential for your success.