We’re kicking off The Boutique Hub’s 10th Anniversary Series on the Boutique Chat podcast this week!
We at The Hub are celebrating our 10th anniversary all month long and as part of the celebrations, I’m bringing you a series of 10 Boutique Chat episodes featuring boutique owners who’ve also been in business now for 10 years. These industry veterans are joining me for the 10th Anniversary Series to talk about the good, the bad and the ugly of retail. They share their success stories, the hurdles they’ve faced, and offer tips, practices and advice that you can apply to your own businesses.
So, to kick things off, I’m likewise sharing The Boutique Hub’s story and the 10 biggest lessons I’ve learned throughout our 10 years in business. Hopefully you’ll find some helpful takeaways from our big wins as well as the honest mistakes I’ve made along the way!
From the bottom of my heart, thank you for being a part of this community and being a part of these last 10 years. To show you how grateful we are, The Hub is doing a HUGE ANNIVERSARY GIVEAWAY on social media, so please head to Facebook and Instagram to enter! You could win a $1,000 shopping spree on Hubventory, a lifetime membership to The Boutique Hub, a VIP experience at the Boutique Summit, a VIP Retail Bootcamp package, a Boutique Boss Planner package and many, many more prizes.
Resources Featured In This Episode:
- The Boutique Hub: Facebook | Instagram | Website
- Ashley Alderson: Instagram
- The Boutique Hub Membership
- Boutique Hub Black
- Boutique Summit 2024
- Retail Bootcamp
Watch the episode on YouTube:
10 Lessons Learned Throughout 10 Years
- The Boutique Hub’s 10th Anniversary Series kickoff
- 10th Anniversary Giveaway Announcement
- The Boutique Hub origin and mission
- Leaning into struggle and getting creative to overcome challenges
- 10 Biggest Lessons CEO & Founder Ashley Alderson has learned throughout 10 years in business
- Leaning into struggle
- Brand and team building
- The importance of community
Favorite Quotes from Ashley Alderson
“It’s ok to be challenged, because when we’re challenged in business, it makes us think outside of the box. … a lot of times we can come up with solutions and outcomes that are so much more creative and so much more successful long term once we lean into them and face the discomfort of having to change.” – Ashley Alderson [9:53]
“We can become the victim of any situation or we can become the victor of any situation.” – Ashley Alderson [10:42]
“Sometimes in order to really build community, you can not be fluffy. You can not be bubble gum pink. … Sometimes it’s worth it to alienate the people who are not your customers to build a deeper relationship with those who are your customers.” – Ashley Alderson [12:58]
“Build the brand, be the face of your brand, but bring in supporting voices in your brand because that is what will make you scaleable long term and allow you to take a break and have a life.” – Ashley Alderson [18:00]
Join the Hub for more training, information, and connections.
Do you love the Boutique Chat Podcast?! Subscribe to our podcast and after that, leave us a review on iTunes Apple Podcasts here!
Original Air Date: July 12th, 2023
Do you love the details of 10 Lessons Learned Throughout 10 Years? Let us know what you think about our show and help spread the word about the #BoutiqueChat Podcast.
- How to Craft the Perfect Product Description For Your E-Commerce SiteIn the world of e-commerce, your product descriptions play a pivotal role in enticing potential customers and driving sales. A well-crafted product description can paint a vivid picture, answer questions, and address concerns, ultimately persuading shoppers to make a purchase. If you’re a small business owner looking to improve your product descriptions, you’re in the right place. In this blog post, we’ll explore the art of writing the perfect product description that captivates your audience and sets your boutique apart.
- The Power of Community and Collaboration with Anna Ledebuhr, Coulee BoutiqueCoulee Boutique owner Anna Ledebuhr talks community over competition, fostering activity through collaboration and planning events.
- Holiday Merchandising Must-Haves for Small Business OwnersSeasonal merchandising during the holidays can make a significant difference in your business’s success. It’s not just about offering the right products; it’s also about creating a festive and inviting atmosphere that draws customers in and encourages them to make purchases. In this blog, we’ll explore some holiday merchandising essentials for small business owners, along with tips on why they are essential for your success.