Are you looking for inspiration to build your own personal brand and business? Emily McCarthy is a successful entrepreneur who has built an impressive personal brand through her designs in print and apparel. She has a successful eCommerce and brick-and-mortar business combining home, gift, lifestyle, and apparel products, and on top of that, she is also a busy mom! A true inspiration, she joins the show today to share how she balances it all.
Listen in as Emily opens up about the lessons she has learned through her entrepreneurial journey and gives advice on starting an online and brick-and-mortar business. You’ll hear how she has made both successful, what’s going on with the wholesale side of her business, and her tips to get it right from the beginning.
>>Building a Successful Personal Brand and Business – LISTEN NOW ON iTunes <<
>>Building a Successful Personal Brand and Business – LISTEN NOW ON Spotify <<
See the Full Boutique Chat Podcast Website here
Watch the interview on YouTube:
What You’ll Learn From Building a Successful Personal Brand and Business with Emily McCarthy
- How Emily first got into the industry.
- How COVID affected her business.
- Why she started her brick-and-mortar business.
- The pros and cons of apparel vs. home and gift products.
- The importance of building a wholesale price in the beginning.
- What she has done to ensure her wholesale stores are successful.
- What her most successful wholesale stores have in common.
- How to get started with apparel or home and gift products.
- How Emily balances business and motherhood.
- How she has built a successful team in her business.
Resources Featured In This Episode:
“Figure out what is going to make you different.” – Emily McCarthy [5:35]
“I was determined not to take on debt opening the store.” – Emily McCarthy [9:45]
“Clothing is a whole ‘nother animal, to be honest. There’s a lot more that goes into clothing than gift and paper and stationary.” – Emily McCarthy [15:00]
Join the Hub for more training, information, and connections.
Do you love the Boutique Chat Podcast?! Subscribe to our podcast and after that, leave us a review on iTunes Apple Podcasts here!
Original Air Date: April 11th, 2023
Do you love the details of Building a Successful Personal Brand and Business? Let us know what you think about our show and help spread the word about the #BoutiqueChat Podcast.
- Holiday Season Playbook: 5 Pro Tips for Boutique SuccessAs boutique store owners, you understand the importance of gearing up for the retail extravaganza that is this entire holiday season. That’s why we’ve curated a set of exclusive tips, tailor-made for boutique stores like yours. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or diving into this season for the first time, our expert advice is here to empower you!
- Boutique Owner’s End of the Year ChecklistWe are so excited to be bringing you some tips to make rolling into 2024 the smoothest transition yet! Here you will find our Boutique Owner’s End of the Year Checklist, filled with info on taxes, inventory, and more!
- Dig In and Do The Hard Thing with Anais Almazan, Pretty & Pink BoutiqueAnais Almazan, founder and owner of Pretty & Pink Boutique, shares her story from growing her business to building a true community.