In this episode, we’re tackling one of the most frequently asked questions from growing boutique owners: how do you work with your spouse? To help us answer this question, we’ve brought in two of our favorite people and an amazing couple, Anthony and Amy Ekren of Inherit Clothing Co. Not only will they share their experiences of working together, but they’ll also dive into how they have successfully scaled their business by maximizing systems, processes, and the love languages of their team members. Join us as we learn how they’ve built a thriving business and a culture we can all admire.
Anthony and Amy take us through their non-traditional journey into the boutique world as they took the leap of purchasing and scaling an existing business. They give us a unique inside view of what it’s like to work together as a husband and wife couple in the business world and share their experiences of growing this awesome business from the ground up. You’ll also hear about the unglamorous side of it all, what systems and processes have helped them along the way, and how they really made this brand their own.
What You’ll Learn From Building a Thriving Business With Your Spouse
- How Anthony and Amy got into the boutique world.
- The things to think about when you’re rebranding.
- How they continue to understand their customer.
- What they look for when buying.
- How they built their amazing team.
- The biggest lessons they have learned working together as husband and wife.
- How they use systems in their business.
Resources Featured In This Episode:
Favorite Quotes from Anthony and Amy Ekren
“When I look back at that brand guide we created, it still rings true today.” – Amy Ekren [8:00]
“We make sure that whoever comes through the door is set up for success.” – Anthony Ekren [18:30]
“Those systems help you protect yourself from yourself.” – Amy Ekren [26:30]
Join the Hub for more training, information, and connections.
Do you love the Boutique Chat Podcast?! Subscribe to our podcast and after that, leave us a review on iTunes Apple Podcasts here!
Original Air Date: February 7th, 2023
Do you love the details of Building a Thriving Business With Your Spouse? Let us know what you think about our show and help spread the word about the #BoutiqueChat Podcast.
- Holiday Merchandising Must-Haves for Small Business OwnersSeasonal merchandising during the holidays can make a significant difference in your business’s success. It’s not just about offering the right products; it’s also about creating a festive and inviting atmosphere that draws customers in and encourages them to make purchases. In this blog, we’ll explore some holiday merchandising essentials for small business owners, along with tips on why they are essential for your success.
- Retail Science and Systemization with Amy DeFauw, Katsch BoutiqueKatsch Boutique owner Amy DeFauw shares her experience in managing multiple locations, building a successful team and the art of delegation.
- Tips for Sourcing Wholesale in Downtown LAIf you’re in the retail business, especially in fashion, textiles, or any other industry, sourcing wholesale goods from Downtown Los Angeles can be a game-changer. The Fashion District and the surrounding areas are home to a plethora of wholesalers offering a wide range of products at competitive prices. To help you navigate this bustling wholesale hub successfully, we’ve compiled a list of valuable tips that will make your wholesale sourcing journey in Downtown LA a breeze.