The most popular product being sold in boutiques today may surprise you. Yes, there is a lot of women’s apparel, shoes, and jewelry, but do you know what has made a big comeback? Candles! Although you can buy them anywhere, candles that come with a story or make you feel special when you purchase them are far more intriguing. To help us dive deep on the topic of candles—including shipping logistics and her personal brand story—is Sadie Young, CEO of Flicker + Flame Candle Co. Learn how she built a thriving wholesale business!
Listen in as she describes what it is like to sell a candle to a customer without them having the ability to smell it first. You will learn the ins and outs of starting a wholesale brand, as well as what it is like to sell both retail and wholesale. Sadie also breaks down the importance of being kind and knowing when to say “no.”
Watch the interview on Youtube:
What You’ll Learn In Building A Thriving Wholesale Business
- How Sadie got involved in the candle industry.
- Why it is essential to be consistent and authentic.
- How Sadie’s loved ones reacted to her taking on candle-making full time.
- The importance of being excited about your products.
- The ins and outs of shipping a breakable product.
- The difference between priorities and priority.
“If you’re excited about a product, it makes other people excited about it.” – Sadie Young
“I want my pick-up drivers to know that I care.” – Sadie Young
“Learn to say ‘no.’” – Sadie Young
Flicker and Flame Special Offer: Use code HUB15 to get 15% off your first app/website order for podcast listeners. Get $50 off your first wholesale order by mentioning The Boutique Hub podcast.
Today’s episode was brought to you by Hot Mess Consulting. Click here to learn more: http://www.hotmesshustle.com
Join the Hub for more training, information, and connections.
Do you love the Boutique Chat Podcast?! Subscribe to our podcast and after that, leave us a review on iTunes Apple Podcasts here!
Original Air Date: October 5th, 2021
Do you love the details of Building A Thriving Wholesale Business? Let us know what you think about our show and help spread the word about the #BoutiqueChat Podcast.
- 12 Questions to Ask Yourself Before Launching Your Wholesale Apparel BrandEmbarking on the journey of manufacturing and launching your own apparel brand is an exciting endeavor, filled with creativity and the promise of bringing your unique vision to life. However, before you dive into the world of fashion, it’s crucial to take a moment for introspection and ask yourself some fundamental questions. These considerations will not only help you navigate the complexities of the fashion industry but also set the stage for a successful and sustainable apparel brand. Here are 12 questions to ponder before turning your fashion dreams into reality.
- Marketing Ideas for Home & Gift RetailersSocial media marketing is crucial for running a successful business these days. But lets be honest, some days its hard to constantly have to think about what content to post that will actually engage your audience. We’ve got you covered with some of our favorite marketing ideas. These ideas will work for any retail business, just adjust and cater to your niche as you see fit! Alright, lets get into our marketing ideas for Home & Gift Retailers.
- MAGIC Celebrates its 90th Anniversary: Join Us in Celebrating 90 Years of MAGIC!From east coast to west coast, MAGIC offers a variety of must-attend fashion events offering the largest wholesale selection of women’s trend-driven, young contemporary, and modern sportswear brands.