The most popular product being sold in boutiques today may surprise you. Yes, there is a lot of women’s apparel, shoes, and jewelry, but do you know what has made a big comeback? Candles! Although you can buy them anywhere, candles that come with a story or make you feel special when you purchase them are far more intriguing. To help us dive deep on the topic of candles—including shipping logistics and her personal brand story—is Sadie Young, CEO of Flicker + Flame Candle Co. Learn how she built a thriving wholesale business!
Listen in as she describes what it is like to sell a candle to a customer without them having the ability to smell it first. You will learn the ins and outs of starting a wholesale brand, as well as what it is like to sell both retail and wholesale. Sadie also breaks down the importance of being kind and knowing when to say “no.”
Watch the interview on Youtube:
What You’ll Learn In Building A Thriving Wholesale Business
- How Sadie got involved in the candle industry.
- Why it is essential to be consistent and authentic.
- How Sadie’s loved ones reacted to her taking on candle-making full time.
- The importance of being excited about your products.
- The ins and outs of shipping a breakable product.
- The difference between priorities and priority.
“If you’re excited about a product, it makes other people excited about it.” – Sadie Young
“I want my pick-up drivers to know that I care.” – Sadie Young
“Learn to say ‘no.’” – Sadie Young
Flicker and Flame Special Offer: Use code HUB15 to get 15% off your first app/website order for podcast listeners. Get $50 off your first wholesale order by mentioning The Boutique Hub podcast.
Today’s episode was brought to you by Hot Mess Consulting. Click here to learn more: http://www.hotmesshustle.com
Join the Hub for more training, information, and connections.
Do you love the Boutique Chat Podcast?! Subscribe to our podcast and after that, leave us a review on iTunes Apple Podcasts here!
Original Air Date: October 5th, 2021
Do you love the details of Building A Thriving Wholesale Business? Let us know what you think about our show and help spread the word about the #BoutiqueChat Podcast.
- Converting Your Shopify Store into A Sales PowerhouseKelly Vaughn shares her advice for turning a Shopify store into a sales powerhouse and the tools you need to keep your business growing.
- 5 Productivity Habits Of Successful Business OwnersWhat are the 5 habits of successful boutique owners and top business owners? Let’s dish! The truth is, we all fight the same battles…time…productivity…team optimization….creating systems….taking care of ourselves and families. From our community at The Boutique Hub to those in Retail Bootcamp, we’ve walked through solving so many of these challenges together and have come up with some real solutions you can put into play RIGHT NOW.
- February 2022 Tradeshows in Las VegasTradeshows are back in full swing, so let’s go over the details. Here’s what you need to know about the February 2022 Tradeshows in Las Vegas.