The most popular product being sold in boutiques today may surprise you. Yes, there is a lot of women’s apparel, shoes, and jewelry, but do you know what has made a big comeback? Candles! Although you can buy them anywhere, candles that come with a story or make you feel special when you purchase them are far more intriguing. To help us dive deep on the topic of candles—including shipping logistics and her personal brand story—is Sadie Young, CEO of Flicker + Flame Candle Co. Learn how she built a thriving wholesale business!
Listen in as she describes what it is like to sell a candle to a customer without them having the ability to smell it first. You will learn the ins and outs of starting a wholesale brand, as well as what it is like to sell both retail and wholesale. Sadie also breaks down the importance of being kind and knowing when to say “no.”
>> EPISODE 334 – LISTEN NOW ON iTunes <<
>> EPISODE 334 – LISTEN NOW ON Spotify <<
See the Full Boutique Chat Podcast Website here
Watch the interview on Youtube:
What You’ll Learn In Building A Thriving Wholesale Business
- How Sadie got involved in the candle industry.
- Why it is essential to be consistent and authentic.
- How Sadie’s loved ones reacted to her taking on candle-making full time.
- The importance of being excited about your products.
- The ins and outs of shipping a breakable product.
- The difference between priorities and priority.
“If you’re excited about a product, it makes other people excited about it.” – Sadie Young
“I want my pick-up drivers to know that I care.” – Sadie Young
“Learn to say ‘no.’” – Sadie Young
Sadie Young: Website, Instagram Business, Instagram Personal
Flicker and Flame Special Offer: Use code HUB15 to get 15% off your first app/website order for podcast listeners. Get $50 off your first wholesale order by mentioning The Boutique Hub podcast.
Today’s episode was brought to you by Hot Mess Consulting. Click here to learn more: http://www.hotmesshustle.com
Join the Hub for more training, information, and connections.
Use the hashtag #AskAshley on Instagram, or tag her at @ajalderson or @theboutiquehubto suggest topics for the podcast and let us know what you thought about this episode!
Do you love the Boutique Chat Podcast?! Subscribe to our podcast and after that, leave us a review on iTunes Apple Podcasts here!
Original Air Date: October 5th, 2021
Do you love the details of Building A Thriving Wholesale Business? Let us know what you think about our show and help spread the word about the #BoutiqueChat Podcast.
- Maximizing Events and the Customer Experience with Jodi Stevens, Bless Your Heart BoutiqueToday I am chatting with an OG member of The Hub and the queen of events Jodi Stevens, owner of Bless Your Heart Boutique! In addition to taking me through the evolution of her storefront and the lessons she’s learned along the way, Jodi shares all her event planning tips and tricks, and specifically how…
- The Boutique Hub at Atlanta ApparelThe Boutique Hub Team can’t wait to head back to Atlanta market with you all! There is so much going on so we want to make sure you’re prepared. Here’s what you need to know about the March 2023 Atlanta market…
- Scaling With Systems with Denise AlbrightWe have a lot to talk about in this episode! I’m joined by Denise Albright, a creative entrepreneur who founded her first company in 1999 and has had an entrepreneurial mindset since childhood. After taking a break in 2007 to focus on her family, Denise’s entrepreneurial spirit was reignited in 2015 when a production delay…