Let’s be honest — Black Friday and holiday marketing for boutiques can be overwhelming! Here are 3 quick tips to help you get started planning the right way, with the most engagement!
For FULL DETAILS and even more tips — be sure you check out my complete training – Holiday Marketing Masterclass, here.
1. Work Backwards now!
Grab a calendar and right now, mark out all of the big dates — black Friday, small business Saturday, Cyber Monday, giving Tuesday, your events, pop-ups, open houses, online promotions.
Once your dates are set, what team will you need to hire to make your holiday marketing plan hum?
What are your projected sales?
In what categories?
What worked last year and what didn’t?
Will you run more promotions this year rather than sales?
(This is a trick question, the answer should be duh, Ashley, I’m not going to give away my entire margin on my best items this season!)
What gifts or freebies do you need for your promotions?
What marketing graphics, emails, and photoshoots do you need NOW to get ahead of the season?
What numbers will your team focus on rather than just gross sales? How about AOV and add-on sales or UPT? AND MARGIN!?
You get the picture — start planning your Holiday marketing NOW so you can buy smarter and get ahead of the game!
2. What collections will you feature?
The difference in your business vs any big box store is that you come with service, trust, and suggestions. Your customers trust that you’ll make the best recommendations for them when it comes to gift-giving and personal style.
Think ahead of what they might need, and build collections and gift guides for your customer.
These might be for: Gifts for mom, your sister, BFF, teacher, nail tech, babysitter, and more.
Or they might be outfit ideas for a night out, Christmas morning, Holiday parties, you name it!
As you’re buying, build creative collections that make life easy for your customer.
3. Who will you collaborate with?
What other makers, salons, local businesses, online businesses or services will you collab with?
This is the season where EVERYONE is shopping — so you have a huge opportunity to reach new audiences through collaboration while serving your customer and making her shopping experience much easier!
Whether it’s a tire store down the street, with tons of men who you know may need help with gift-giving this season, to an online maker you love to support.
Look for ways to cross-promote, run IG takeovers, giveaways, collab in gift guides and share one another’s audiences!
—– NOW IT’S YOUR TURN! —
The 4th Quarter is the MOST important time of year in retail, and unless you’re ready to maximize it, it can also take your business for a ride.
Stop concentrating on your gross sales numbers, and start making sure your 4th quarter is profitable. From years of retail experience, and the latest proven strategies, we’ll make sure this Holiday season is one both you and your customers will always remember.
Join Holiday Marketing Masterclass!
What is the ONE THING you are doing now to make the Holidays this year that much stronger?
Get more information on growing your business by joining The Boutique Hub where we have tons of training, information, and most importantly, connection! www.theboutiquehub.com/join Try out our service for a month, cancel anytime.
Follow along on Instagram @theboutiquehub!
- The Best of Boutique Chat Season 4I’m thrilled to be back for an all-new season of Boutique Chat, and to kick off Season 5, I’m revisiting some of my favorite episodes of the last year! In this highlight reel you’ll hear from Social Sales Girls founder Susan Bradley on digital advertising and metrics, Everyday Chic Boutique owner Karli Harris Pennington on…
- How to Get Rid of Winter InventoryAfter all the holiday markdowns you may be asking the question, “What do I do with all my leftover winter stuff… I want to make room for spring goods!” Let’s go over the best plan of action on how to get rid of your winter inventory.
- The Boutique Hub at Atlanta ApparelThe Boutique Hub Team can’t wait to head back to Atlanta market with you all! There is so much going on so we want to make sure you’re prepared. Here’s what you need to know about the February 2023 Atlanta market…