Today our host Ashley Alderson, CEO of the Boutique Hub, tells us how boutiques can prepare for the holidays. The fourth quarter can be overwhelming, but Ashley is here to give you tips on how can come out profitable and still make time to enjoy the holiday season.
Main Points in How Boutiques Can Prepare for the Holidays
- Focus on margins, not just gross sales and revenue.
- Know the difference between a sale and a promotion.
- What is your top upsell category? Is it accessories, home, jewelry, etc?
Favorite Quotes in Tips to Boost Sales During Summer Slowdowns
“Make sure you’re running promotions not sales.” -Ashley
One of the biggest mistakes businesses make in the fourth quarter is focusing on gross sales and revenue more than focusing on margin. It’s not about how much you sell.” -Ashley
Be featured on our call-in episode, drop your audio recorded question here: https://theboutiquehub.typeform.com/to/DHUo9SsJ
Holiday Marketing Masterclass: https://retailbootcamp.mykajabi.com/holidaymarketingmasterclass
Get more tips and Boutique Hub updates from Ashley on Instagram!
Learn more about Hubventory here: https://hubventory.com/
Join the Hub for more training, information, and connections.
Do you love the Boutique Chat Podcast?! Subscribe to our podcast and after that, leave us a review on iTunes Apple Podcasts here!
Original Air Date: August 31st, 2021
Do you love the details of How Boutiques Can Prepare for the Holidays? Let us know what you think about our show and help spread the word about the #BoutiqueChat Podcast.
- Holiday Merchandising Must-Haves for Small Business OwnersSeasonal merchandising during the holidays can make a significant difference in your business’s success. It’s not just about offering the right products; it’s also about creating a festive and inviting atmosphere that draws customers in and encourages them to make purchases. In this blog, we’ll explore some holiday merchandising essentials for small business owners, along with tips on why they are essential for your success.
- Retail Science and Systemization with Amy DeFauw, Katsch BoutiqueKatsch Boutique owner Amy DeFauw shares her experience in managing multiple locations, building a successful team and the art of delegation.
- Tips for Sourcing Wholesale in Downtown LAIf you’re in the retail business, especially in fashion, textiles, or any other industry, sourcing wholesale goods from Downtown Los Angeles can be a game-changer. The Fashion District and the surrounding areas are home to a plethora of wholesalers offering a wide range of products at competitive prices. To help you navigate this bustling wholesale hub successfully, we’ve compiled a list of valuable tips that will make your wholesale sourcing journey in Downtown LA a breeze.