Today our host Ashley Alderson, CEO of the Boutique Hub, tells us how boutiques can prepare for the holidays. The fourth quarter can be overwhelming, but Ashley is here to give you tips on how can come out profitable and still make time to enjoy the holiday season.
Main Points in How Boutiques Can Prepare for the Holidays
- Focus on margins, not just gross sales and revenue.
- Know the difference between a sale and a promotion.
- What is your top upsell category? Is it accessories, home, jewelry, etc?
Favorite Quotes in Tips to Boost Sales During Summer Slowdowns
“Make sure you’re running promotions not sales.” -Ashley
One of the biggest mistakes businesses make in the fourth quarter is focusing on gross sales and revenue more than focusing on margin. It’s not about how much you sell.” -Ashley
Be featured on our call-in episode, drop your audio recorded question here: https://theboutiquehub.typeform.com/to/DHUo9SsJ
Holiday Marketing Masterclass: https://retailbootcamp.mykajabi.com/holidaymarketingmasterclass
Get more tips and Boutique Hub updates from Ashley on Instagram!
Learn more about Hubventory here: https://hubventory.com/
Join the Hub for more training, information, and connections.
Do you love the Boutique Chat Podcast?! Subscribe to our podcast and after that, leave us a review on iTunes Apple Podcasts here!
Original Air Date: August 31st, 2021
Do you love the details of How Boutiques Can Prepare for the Holidays? Let us know what you think about our show and help spread the word about the #BoutiqueChat Podcast.
- Halloween Wholesale PicksFall is right around the corner and you know what that means…it’s time to celebrate Halloween! Be ahead of the curve this pumpkin spice season by shopping some of these amazing Halloween wholesale picks from Boutique Hub vendors now.
- Fashion With a PurposeToday Archel Bernard, CEO of Bomchel, joins us for today’s podcast Fashion with a Purpose. Tune in to hear this powerful conversation between Ashley and Archel!
- DIY Boutique Holiday Display IdeasThe Holiday season is an opportunity for your boutique to stand out from the crowd. This week’s post features creative projects to help you create an inspired space for your customers to shop. These DIY boutique Holiday display ideas are proof positive that you don’t have to spend a fortune to make your boutique look like a million bucks.