Today our host Ashley Alderson, CEO of the Boutique Hub, tells us how boutiques can prepare for the holidays. The fourth quarter can be overwhelming, but Ashley is here to give you tips on how can come out profitable and still make time to enjoy the holiday season.
Main Points in How Boutiques Can Prepare for the Holidays
- Focus on margins, not just gross sales and revenue.
- Know the difference between a sale and a promotion.
- What is your top upsell category? Is it accessories, home, jewelry, etc?
Favorite Quotes in Tips to Boost Sales During Summer Slowdowns
“Make sure you’re running promotions not sales.” -Ashley
One of the biggest mistakes businesses make in the fourth quarter is focusing on gross sales and revenue more than focusing on margin. It’s not about how much you sell.” -Ashley
Be featured on our call-in episode, drop your audio recorded question here: https://theboutiquehub.typeform.com/to/DHUo9SsJ
Holiday Marketing Masterclass: https://retailbootcamp.mykajabi.com/holidaymarketingmasterclass
Get more tips and Boutique Hub updates from Ashley on Instagram!
Learn more about Hubventory here: https://hubventory.com/
Join the Hub for more training, information, and connections.
Do you love the Boutique Chat Podcast?! Subscribe to our podcast and after that, leave us a review on iTunes Apple Podcasts here!
Original Air Date: August 31st, 2021
Do you love the details of How Boutiques Can Prepare for the Holidays? Let us know what you think about our show and help spread the word about the #BoutiqueChat Podcast.
- Cultivating Successful Habits For Life and BusinessNot only are we talking about journals, but also what it takes to be a business owner and cultivate successful habits for life, business, healthy, family – everything!
- How to Buy Wholesale Clothing for Your BoutiqueOne of the most important parts of being a successful boutique owner is how you buy wholesale clothing and products for your boutique. Sourcing for great quality, trends and price will set you apart from the rest. Here are the things to remember when buying wholesale and four key places to source for your boutique!
- How to Recession-Proof your BusinessWe know that nothing in the economy is ever certain. But whether you are feeling the weight of stand-still sales now, or just want to be prepared for anything, use these tried and true strategies to recession-proof your business from the Hub.