Did you know that 64% of small businesses use email marketing and it is the most reliable method to boost marketing, more than social media? It’s easy to think of email marketing as an old traditional marketing strategy, but it has proven to be still very relevant and effective, with 4.03 billion people using email around the world in 2021.
If you aren’t implementing email into your marketing plan, you definitely will be doing so after this read! Let’s get into some ways you can maximize your email marketing!
Deliver Relevance with Segmenting and Targeting
Not everyone is interested in the same thing. Becky loves sales and coupons, while Sally loves new arrivals and events. Deliver relevance to your customers by segmenting and targeting your email list. This might be a tedious process and will take some time to collect data, but the results are so worth it.
It is important to understand who you are sending what emails to and why you are sending them. This can increase your CTR, decrease unsubscribers, and ultimately increase sales! According to Hubspot, “Marketers who use segmented campaigns note as much as a 760% increase in revenue.” Cha-ching!
On that same note of delivering relevance with segmenting and targeting, you want your emails to be personal beyond the level of what someone is interested in. Starting an email with “Welcome Back, Becky” and including personalized picks based on her last purchase (maybe it’s the tee she ordered last week in a different color, or the matching leggings) is so much more inviting than a general email blast.
Make your customer feel valued and special. Setting up personalized emails, even if it is as simple as adding their name to the subject lines can make a difference in data.
Increase Open Rate with Good Subject Lines
The subject line is one of the most important parts of promotional emails. It’s the deciding factor on whether or not a customer is going to open the email or archive it. Nowadays, everyone’s email is flooded with everything it seems like. Here are a few easy tips to make subject lines that are compelling but not too pushy:
- Push urgency with a limited time offer or special announcement. Ex: “… Ends Tonight!”
- Stand out with color – use emojis
- Keep it under 50 characters
- Keep it to the point
- Spark Curiosity
Unique Seasonal Offers
Take advantage of the holiday and seasonal trends with Holiday Gift Guides and catalogs! What better way to grasp fall sales than with a Fall Collection Reveal or a Fall Catalog to share with your customers. Take the guesswork out of shopping. Putting together outfits in a catalog for them or providing gift guides will result in happy shoppers and can increase your minimum order quantity! Woo-hoo!
‘Abandoned cart’ reminders
Setting up automated abandoned cart reminder emails can be extremely beneficial and it is just a matter of setting it up within your email marketing platform. After all, three abandoned cart emails result in 69% more completed orders than a single email. That’s some huge potential! Sometimes shoppers just need that extra nudge and a reminder email is a perfect thing to use.
Know where to cut your losses, anything more than three reminder emails can be overdoing it and annoy shoppers more than anything.
Make It Gradual
After reading this article, we know you’ll start planning out all your email marketing right away, but make sure you aren’t overdoing it. There are predicted to be over 345 billion emails sent in 2022. That’s a lot of overflowing inboxes. Make sure every email you send is worth the customers’ time, has a purpose (increase sales, complete checkout, increase brand awareness, etc.), and is created with thought. You definitely don’t want to overdo it right away and result in customers moving your emails to their spam folder.
In terms of special events, holidays, and promotions such as Pink Friday, make these emails are gradual. Only send out one reminder email each week following up to the event, and the week of the event, increase it to 2-3 emails and include a follow-up event email. This gets customers excited in advance, but doesn’t overdo it and end up in the spam folder.
Always Include a Clear CTA
Last and certainly not least, always, and we mean always include a CTA in your emails. What is your main goal for sending a particular email? Is it to get shoppers to use the weekend discount code? Is it to get more attendees at your pop-up event? Whatever it is, make sure it is clear and your customers know it. Here are some general rules to follow when creating a CTA:
- Create urgency
- Make your button text large
- Use action oriented text
- Focus the copy on the main idea – instead of a general “Buy Now”, you can use “Snag Your 10% Off” or “Keep Shopping”.
We hope you loved our article on How To Maximize Email Marketing. How else can The Boutique Hub help you grow?
Get more information on growing your business by joining The Boutique Hub, where we have tons of training, information, and most importantly, connection! www.theboutiquehub.com/join Try out our service for a month, cancel anytime.
Follow along on Instagram @theboutiquehub!
- Showing your Customers Appreciation this Holiday SeasonNot only is Christmas the time for buying it’s also the time for GIVING. Often times we spend the months looking at numbers and forget about the amazing people who helped us create those numbers in the first place. How are you showing your customers appreciation this Holiday Season?
- How To Maximize Your Email MarketingDid you know that 64% of small businesses use email marketing and it is the most reliable method to boost marketing, more than social media! It’s easy to think of email marketing as an’ old traditional marketing strategy’, but it has proven to be still very relevant and effective, with 4.03 billion people using email around the world in 2021.
- Big Announcement and Saying Goodbye to Season 3Our final episode for season three of The Boutique Chat Podcast, a recent milestone we have hit and some exciting things to look forward to!
- Boutique Chat: The #1 Boutique PodcastThe Boutique Chat Podcast first launched on February 21st, 2018 and now we are the #1 Boutique Podcast in the industry. We are so excited to announce that we have hit 1 MILLION DOWNLOADS!
- How To Create Quality Content That Actually WorksLearn how to create amazing content that not only interests your viewers and prospective customers but also promotes your boutique.