Did you know that 64% of small businesses use email marketing and it is the most reliable method to boost marketing, more than social media? It’s easy to think of email marketing as an old traditional marketing strategy, but it has proven to be still very relevant and effective, with 4.03 billion people using email around the world in 2021.
If you aren’t implementing email into your marketing plan, you definitely will be doing so after this read! Let’s get into some ways you can maximize your email marketing!
Deliver Relevance with Segmenting and Targeting
Not everyone is interested in the same thing. Becky loves sales and coupons, while Sally loves new arrivals and events. Deliver relevance to your customers by segmenting and targeting your email list. This might be a tedious process and will take some time to collect data, but the results are so worth it.
It is important to understand who you are sending what emails to and why you are sending them. This can increase your CTR, decrease unsubscribers, and ultimately increase sales! According to Hubspot, “Marketers who use segmented campaigns note as much as a 760% increase in revenue.” Cha-ching!
On that same note of delivering relevance with segmenting and targeting, you want your emails to be personal beyond the level of what someone is interested in. Starting an email with “Welcome Back, Becky” and including personalized picks based on her last purchase (maybe it’s the tee she ordered last week in a different color, or the matching leggings) is so much more inviting than a general email blast.
Make your customer feel valued and special. Setting up personalized emails, even if it is as simple as adding their name to the subject lines can make a difference in data.
Increase Open Rate with Good Subject Lines
The subject line is one of the most important parts of promotional emails. It’s the deciding factor on whether or not a customer is going to open the email or archive it. Nowadays, everyone’s email is flooded with everything it seems like. Here are a few easy tips to make subject lines that are compelling but not too pushy:
- Push urgency with a limited time offer or special announcement. Ex: “… Ends Tonight!”
- Stand out with color – use emojis
- Keep it under 50 characters
- Keep it to the point
- Spark Curiosity
Unique Seasonal Offers
Take advantage of the holiday and seasonal trends with Holiday Gift Guides and catalogs! What better way to grasp fall sales than with a Fall Collection Reveal or a Fall Catalog to share with your customers. Take the guesswork out of shopping. Putting together outfits in a catalog for them or providing gift guides will result in happy shoppers and can increase your minimum order quantity! Woo-hoo!
‘Abandoned cart’ reminders
Setting up automated abandoned cart reminder emails can be extremely beneficial and it is just a matter of setting it up within your email marketing platform. After all, three abandoned cart emails result in 69% more completed orders than a single email. That’s some huge potential! Sometimes shoppers just need that extra nudge and a reminder email is a perfect thing to use.
Know where to cut your losses, anything more than three reminder emails can be overdoing it and annoy shoppers more than anything.
Make It Gradual
After reading this article, we know you’ll start planning out all your email marketing right away, but make sure you aren’t overdoing it. There are predicted to be over 345 billion emails sent in 2022. That’s a lot of overflowing inboxes. Make sure every email you send is worth the customers’ time, has a purpose (increase sales, complete checkout, increase brand awareness, etc.), and is created with thought. You definitely don’t want to overdo it right away and result in customers moving your emails to their spam folder.
In terms of special events, holidays, and promotions such as Pink Friday, make these emails are gradual. Only send out one reminder email each week following up to the event, and the week of the event, increase it to 2-3 emails and include a follow-up event email. This gets customers excited in advance, but doesn’t overdo it and end up in the spam folder.
Always Include a Clear CTA
Last and certainly not least, always, and we mean always include a CTA in your emails. What is your main goal for sending a particular email? Is it to get shoppers to use the weekend discount code? Is it to get more attendees at your pop-up event? Whatever it is, make sure it is clear and your customers know it. Here are some general rules to follow when creating a CTA:
- Create urgency
- Make your button text large
- Use action oriented text
- Focus the copy on the main idea – instead of a general “Buy Now”, you can use “Snag Your 10% Off” or “Keep Shopping”.
Check out this email marketing guide by Spently for more tips!
We hope you loved our article on How To Maximize Email Marketing. How else can The Boutique Hub help you grow?
Get more information on growing your business by joining The Boutique Hub, where we have tons of training, information, and most importantly, connection! www.theboutiquehub.com/join Try out our service for a month, cancel anytime.
Follow along on Instagram @theboutiquehub!
- Maximize Your Instagram PresenceDeep diving into the tips, tools, and trainings to make your Instagram account generate leads and grow your business.
- 10 Hiring Tips for Growing Your BusinessHow do you know if you are ready to hire someone and what steps do you take to do so? Use these quick 10 hiring tips on how to hire your next employee.
- Lori Harder: Learning In The Messy and Speaking Your Dreams Out LoudLori Harder shares all the highs and lows of her experiences in business and discusses some of the most common struggles that women in business face today (including how to overcome them).
- Growing Your Boutique on InstagramInstagram is one of the most powerful platforms in the world to build your brand, increase your sales, and grow your retail business. A successful content strategy can change your business forever! Here at the Boutique Hub, we are dedicated to helping retailers grow and succeed in every aspect of business. Here are our top 5 tips for growing your boutique on Instagram!
- What Vendors Wish Boutique Owners Knew To Be SuccessfulThis is such an honest and straightforward conversation that is absolutely jam-packed with wisdom. Tune in now to What Vendors Wish Boutique Owners Knew To Be Successful.