If there has ever been a boutique that does an amazing job not only understanding their customer but also building a truly amazing brand, it’s Bekah Pollock’s Hale House. Bekah is a long-time member of the Boutique Hub and has a beautiful store in Fort Worth, Texas, along with a tremendous following on Instagram. In this episode, we’re diving into how she accomplished it all.
Listen in as Bekah takes us through her journey celebrating her 11th anniversary of Hale House, what it was like transitioning from a brick-and-mortar store to online, and how she manages selling and inventory for both. We also dive into how Bekah juggles everything in life and business, including running a business, growing a team, and (maybe most importantly) being a mom!
Watch the interview on YouTube:
What You’ll Learn From Lessons Learned From a Decade in Business
- What it’s like in the 11th year of business and how Hale House has evolved during that time.
- How COVID impacted Bekah’s business.
- How she juggles both brick-and-mortar and online.
- How Bekah approaches team management.
- The importance of having good team support.
- What a week at Hale House looks like.
- What the marketing push looks like behind a launch.
- How Bekah balances personal and business on Instagram.
- What it looks like behind the scenes in Bekah’s life.
- The best advice Bekah has received.
Resources Featured In This Episode:
Favorite Quotes from Bekah Pollock
“I’m not scared of hard work, but I knew there had to be an easier way.” – Bekah Pollock [5:40]
“When I go to buy I know exactly who my customer is.” – Bekah Pollock [10:30]
“I was not going to make any excuse to not keep going.” – Bekah Pollock [12:45]
Join the Hub for more training, information, and connections.
Do you love the Boutique Chat Podcast?! Subscribe to our podcast and after that, leave us a review on iTunes Apple Podcasts here!
Original Air Date: November 22nd, 2022
Do you love the details of Lessons Learned From a Decade in Business? Let us know what you think about our show and help spread the word about the #BoutiqueChat Podcast.
- Holiday Merchandising Must-Haves for Small Business OwnersSeasonal merchandising during the holidays can make a significant difference in your business’s success. It’s not just about offering the right products; it’s also about creating a festive and inviting atmosphere that draws customers in and encourages them to make purchases. In this blog, we’ll explore some holiday merchandising essentials for small business owners, along with tips on why they are essential for your success.
- Retail Science and Systemization with Amy DeFauw, Katsch BoutiqueKatsch Boutique owner Amy DeFauw shares her experience in managing multiple locations, building a successful team and the art of delegation.
- Tips for Sourcing Wholesale in Downtown LAIf you’re in the retail business, especially in fashion, textiles, or any other industry, sourcing wholesale goods from Downtown Los Angeles can be a game-changer. The Fashion District and the surrounding areas are home to a plethora of wholesalers offering a wide range of products at competitive prices. To help you navigate this bustling wholesale hub successfully, we’ve compiled a list of valuable tips that will make your wholesale sourcing journey in Downtown LA a breeze.