If there has ever been a boutique that does an amazing job not only understanding their customer but also building a truly amazing brand, it’s Bekah Pollock’s Hale House. Bekah is a long-time member of the Boutique Hub and has a beautiful store in Fort Worth, Texas, along with a tremendous following on Instagram. In this episode, we’re diving into how she accomplished it all.
Listen in as Bekah takes us through her journey celebrating her 11th anniversary of Hale House, what it was like transitioning from a brick-and-mortar store to online, and how she manages selling and inventory for both. We also dive into how Bekah juggles everything in life and business, including running a business, growing a team, and (maybe most importantly) being a mom!
Watch the interview on YouTube:
What You’ll Learn From Lessons Learned From a Decade in Business
- What it’s like in the 11th year of business and how Hale House has evolved during that time.
- How COVID impacted Bekah’s business.
- How she juggles both brick-and-mortar and online.
- How Bekah approaches team management.
- The importance of having good team support.
- What a week at Hale House looks like.
- What the marketing push looks like behind a launch.
- How Bekah balances personal and business on Instagram.
- What it looks like behind the scenes in Bekah’s life.
- The best advice Bekah has received.
Resources Featured In This Episode:
Favorite Quotes from Bekah Pollock
“I’m not scared of hard work, but I knew there had to be an easier way.” – Bekah Pollock [5:40]
“When I go to buy I know exactly who my customer is.” – Bekah Pollock [10:30]
“I was not going to make any excuse to not keep going.” – Bekah Pollock [12:45]
Join the Hub for more training, information, and connections.
Do you love the Boutique Chat Podcast?! Subscribe to our podcast and after that, leave us a review on iTunes Apple Podcasts here!
Original Air Date: November 22nd, 2022
Do you love the details of Lessons Learned From a Decade in Business? Let us know what you think about our show and help spread the word about the #BoutiqueChat Podcast.
- 12 Questions to Ask Yourself Before Launching Your Wholesale Apparel BrandEmbarking on the journey of manufacturing and launching your own apparel brand is an exciting endeavor, filled with creativity and the promise of bringing your unique vision to life. However, before you dive into the world of fashion, it’s crucial to take a moment for introspection and ask yourself some fundamental questions. These considerations will not only help you navigate the complexities of the fashion industry but also set the stage for a successful and sustainable apparel brand. Here are 12 questions to ponder before turning your fashion dreams into reality.
- Marketing Ideas for Home & Gift RetailersSocial media marketing is crucial for running a successful business these days. But lets be honest, some days its hard to constantly have to think about what content to post that will actually engage your audience. We’ve got you covered with some of our favorite marketing ideas. These ideas will work for any retail business, just adjust and cater to your niche as you see fit! Alright, lets get into our marketing ideas for Home & Gift Retailers.
- MAGIC Celebrates its 90th Anniversary: Join Us in Celebrating 90 Years of MAGIC!From east coast to west coast, MAGIC offers a variety of must-attend fashion events offering the largest wholesale selection of women’s trend-driven, young contemporary, and modern sportswear brands.