The content queen is back! Shannon Gordon is the Social Media Manager at the Hub and a former boutique owner herself, and I am so excited to have her on the show today to deep dive into the tips, tools, and trainings to make your Instagram account work for you.
Grab your notebook and get comfortable as we talk through what’s working right now on Instagram, how to grow on the platform, and how to create engaging content that translates into sales for your business. Shannon also shares the top non-negotiable to being successful on Instagram and what the most successful boutiques are doing right (and what they could do to up-level their Instagram game even further!)
Watch the interview on YouTube:
What You’ll Learn From Maximize Your Instagram Presence
- How Instagram has changed and where it is headed.
- The importance of being authentic on Instagram.
- Where to start with creating reels.
- How to collaborate with others when it comes to reels.
- What the most successful boutiques are doing right.
- Shannon’s strategy for creating video content.
- Whether hashtags are still relevant.
Favorite Quotes from Shannon Gordon
“They were losing such a mass amount of people to TikTok, so to keep people on the platform Instagram basically had to change overnight.” – Shannon Gordon [4:30]
“Gone are the days of a highly curated feed.” – Shannon Gordon [5:00]
“You never know what video is going to go viral.” – Shannon Gordon [11:00]
Resources Featured In This Episode:
Join the Hub for more training, information, and connections.
Do you love the Boutique Chat Podcast?! Subscribe to our podcast and after that, leave us a review on iTunes Apple Podcasts here!
Original Air Date: May 17th, 2022
Do you love the details of Maximize Your Instagram Presence? Let us know what you think about our show and help spread the word about the #BoutiqueChat Podcast.
- The Power of Community and Collaboration with Anna Ledebuhr, Coulee BoutiqueCoulee Boutique owner Anna Ledebuhr talks community over competition, fostering activity through collaboration and planning events.
- Holiday Merchandising Must-Haves for Small Business OwnersSeasonal merchandising during the holidays can make a significant difference in your business’s success. It’s not just about offering the right products; it’s also about creating a festive and inviting atmosphere that draws customers in and encourages them to make purchases. In this blog, we’ll explore some holiday merchandising essentials for small business owners, along with tips on why they are essential for your success.
- Retail Science and Systemization with Amy DeFauw, Katsch BoutiqueKatsch Boutique owner Amy DeFauw shares her experience in managing multiple locations, building a successful team and the art of delegation.