We all know the retail business is not an easy business, so how can we make your business one that is tried and true throughout the times? Today I am going solo to bring up an important topic that is looming over all of us. It’s time to discuss how to recession proof your business.
I will be addressing where you can save money in your business, what categories you should be buying into, and how to manage your investments vs your expenses. Today’s episode is an important one, so make sure you don’t miss out!
Watch the interview on YouTube:
What You’ll Learn From How to Recession Proof Your Business
- Managing investments vs expenses
- Finding what’s working in your business to double down on
- Buying in the right assortments
- Planning customer needs vs wants
- Getting lean
Favorite Quotes from Ashley Alderson
“I also deeply believe that everything in life can either be happening to us or for us. And there is opportunity in every bad situation. If you choose to look for it.” -Ashley Alderson
“How are you appealing to your customers’ needs versus their wants.” – Ashley Alderson
“Remember, this is not the first time this industry has been here. This is not the last time. And you are not alone.” – Ashley Alderson
Resources Featured In This Episode:
- Ashley Alderson: Instagram
- Join us for our free summer school live training, starting May 31st: https://retailbootcamp.mykajabi.com/summerschool
- How to cut costs in your business free download: https://retailbootcamp.mykajabi.com/how-to-cut-costs-in-your-business
Join the Hub for more training, information, and connections.
Do you love the Boutique Chat Podcast?! Subscribe to our podcast and after that, leave us a review on iTunes Apple Podcasts here!
Original Air Date: May 24th, 2022
Do you love the details of How to Recession Proof Your Business ? Let us know what you think about our show and help spread the word about the #BoutiqueChat Podcast.
- Holiday Merchandising Must-Haves for Small Business OwnersSeasonal merchandising during the holidays can make a significant difference in your business’s success. It’s not just about offering the right products; it’s also about creating a festive and inviting atmosphere that draws customers in and encourages them to make purchases. In this blog, we’ll explore some holiday merchandising essentials for small business owners, along with tips on why they are essential for your success.
- Retail Science and Systemization with Amy DeFauw, Katsch BoutiqueKatsch Boutique owner Amy DeFauw shares her experience in managing multiple locations, building a successful team and the art of delegation.
- Tips for Sourcing Wholesale in Downtown LAIf you’re in the retail business, especially in fashion, textiles, or any other industry, sourcing wholesale goods from Downtown Los Angeles can be a game-changer. The Fashion District and the surrounding areas are home to a plethora of wholesalers offering a wide range of products at competitive prices. To help you navigate this bustling wholesale hub successfully, we’ve compiled a list of valuable tips that will make your wholesale sourcing journey in Downtown LA a breeze.