It’s Kids Week on Hubventory.com! And to celebrate, Valerie and Ryan Becker join me to talk Children’s and their recent transition from retail to wholesale as the founders of Wellington Design Co., a kids clothing line of Valerie’s original designs.
It started with Valerie wanting to incorporate some of her own designs into her online children’s boutique. They sold so well in her store and on Facebook that in 2020 she went all in on Wellington. Her husband Ryan got on board to help run the wholesale business, and the brand has been growing strong ever since!
I talk to Valerie and Ryan about what it takes to successfully launch a clothing line, the struggles and benefits of working with your spouse, balancing professional and personal goals, metrics, evaluation and putting the right processes in place for consistency and growth.
The Beckers are big on processes, planning and delegation — which is why EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System) has been vital to their new business. It’s a model we at The Hub Team use too, and I’m telling you, it WORKS. EOS helps you set, measure and ultimately acheive short- and long-term goals. So, take notes!
And be sure to check out Wellington Design Co. on Huventory for special offers this week!
Resources Featured In This Episode:
- Wellington Design Co. on Hubventory
- EOS Implementor
- Traction: Get A Grip on Your Business by Gino Wickman (a guide to EOS)
- The Boutique Hub: Facebook | Instagram | Website
- Ashley Alderson: Instagram
- The Boutique Hub Membership
- Boutique Hub Black
- Retail Bootcamp
- Summer School
>>Process, Delegation and the EOS Model– LISTEN NOW ON iTunes <<
>>Process, Delegation and the EOS Model – LISTEN NOW ON Spotify <<
See the Full Boutique Chat Podcast Website here
Watch the episode on YouTube:
Process, Delegation and the EOS Model
- Breaking into wholesale, sourcing and manufacturers
- Building processes for success
- How to manage a team and the importance of delegation
- Marketing strategy and content planning
- Implementing EOS
- Scaling systematically
- Metrics to drive business strategy
- The struggles and benefits of working with a spouse
- Children’s Clothing
- Kids Week on Hubventory.com
Join the Hub for more training, information, and connections.
Use the hashtag #AskAshley on Instagram, or tag her at @ajalderson or @theboutiquehub to suggest topics for the podcast and let us know what you thought about this episode!
Do you love the Boutique Chat Podcast?! Subscribe to our podcast and after that, leave us a review on iTunes Apple Podcasts here!
Original Air Date: May 16th, 2023
Do you love the details of Process, Delegation and the EOS Mode with Valerie and Ryan Becker of Wellington Design Co.? Let us know what you think about our show and help spread the word about the #BoutiqueChat Podcast.
- Boutique Financial Tips For SuccessUse these 8 Financial Tips to manage your inventory, increase your profit margins, understand your investments, limit your markdowns and GROW your business. Only a tracked number grows, so if you are ignoring your finances and buying strategy, then you’re asking for a disaster! These are 8 quick and easy tips you can start tracking today!
- Building Connections and Giving Back through Your Business with Sydney Petersen, Bizzy’s BoutiqueAshley answers questions sent in by boutique owners, talking about inventory planning, margins, metrics, insurance and everything in between.
- Process, Delegation and the EOS Model with Valerie and Ryan Becker, Wellington Design Co.Ashley answers questions sent in by boutique owners, talking about inventory planning, margins, metrics, insurance and everything in between.