It’s Kids Week on Hubventory.com! And to celebrate, Valerie and Ryan Becker join me to talk Children’s and their recent transition from retail to wholesale as the founders of Wellington Design Co., a kids clothing line of Valerie’s original designs.
It started with Valerie wanting to incorporate some of her own designs into her online children’s boutique. They sold so well in her store and on Facebook that in 2020 she went all in on Wellington. Her husband Ryan got on board to help run the wholesale business, and the brand has been growing strong ever since!
I talk to Valerie and Ryan about what it takes to successfully launch a clothing line, the struggles and benefits of working with your spouse, balancing professional and personal goals, metrics, evaluation and putting the right processes in place for consistency and growth.
The Beckers are big on processes, planning and delegation — which is why EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System) has been vital to their new business. It’s a model we at The Hub Team use too, and I’m telling you, it WORKS. EOS helps you set, measure and ultimately acheive short- and long-term goals. So, take notes!
And be sure to check out Wellington Design Co. on Huventory for special offers this week!
Resources Featured In This Episode:
- Wellington Design Co. on Hubventory
- EOS Implementor
- Traction: Get A Grip on Your Business by Gino Wickman (a guide to EOS)
- The Boutique Hub: Facebook | Instagram | Website
- Ashley Alderson: Instagram
- The Boutique Hub Membership
- Boutique Hub Black
- Retail Bootcamp
- Summer School
Watch the episode on YouTube:
Process, Delegation and the EOS Model
- Breaking into wholesale, sourcing and manufacturers
- Building processes for success
- How to manage a team and the importance of delegation
- Marketing strategy and content planning
- Implementing EOS
- Scaling systematically
- Metrics to drive business strategy
- The struggles and benefits of working with a spouse
- Children’s Clothing
- Kids Week on Hubventory.com
Join the Hub for more training, information, and connections.
Do you love the Boutique Chat Podcast?! Subscribe to our podcast and after that, leave us a review on iTunes Apple Podcasts here!
Original Air Date: May 16th, 2023
Do you love the details of Process, Delegation and the EOS Mode with Valerie and Ryan Becker of Wellington Design Co.? Let us know what you think about our show and help spread the word about the #BoutiqueChat Podcast.
- Holiday Season Playbook: 5 Pro Tips for Boutique SuccessAs boutique store owners, you understand the importance of gearing up for the retail extravaganza that is this entire holiday season. That’s why we’ve curated a set of exclusive tips, tailor-made for boutique stores like yours. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or diving into this season for the first time, our expert advice is here to empower you!
- Boutique Owner’s End of the Year ChecklistWe are so excited to be bringing you some tips to make rolling into 2024 the smoothest transition yet! Here you will find our Boutique Owner’s End of the Year Checklist, filled with info on taxes, inventory, and more!
- Dig In and Do The Hard Thing with Anais Almazan, Pretty & Pink BoutiqueAnais Almazan, founder and owner of Pretty & Pink Boutique, shares her story from growing her business to building a true community.