This is such a special episode with such a special person — Sydney Petersen, founder of Bizzy’s Boutique, Bizzy Izzy’s Wholesale children’s brand and the Love Izzy Project.
Sydney truly inspires me, not only as a business owner but also as someone who spreads joy and hope to others. Get ready to have your heart strings pulled (especially all you mommas)!
Sydney named her business after her daughter Isabelle (Izzy) who was born with a rare genetic disorder and, as a result, had a prolonged stay in the NICU. Fortunately from Sydney’s traumatic experience came a beautiful baby girl, a new community of NICU moms and an inspired business idea.
It all started with the Love Izzy Project. Sydney began designing swaddle blankets as a way to give back to other NICU moms and their babies. For every Love Izzy swaddle blanket sold, a swaddle is donated to the Blank Children’s NICU.
Her Bizzy-ness grew from there, and now Sydney specializes in all things children’s as a boutique owner and the designer of the Bizzy Izzy’s kids line. We talk retail vs. wholesale, social strategy, the value of Facebook Groups, customer avatars, ambassador programs, and photography. But even more importantly, we discuss finding a greater purpose in business, serving others, and building authentic connections and community.
Grab the tissues along with your notebook this week — hopefully you’ll learn a lot and be inspired!
Resources Featured In This Episode:
- Bizzy’s Boutique: Facebook | Instagram | TikTok | Website
- Love Izzy Project
- The Boutique Hub: Facebook | Instagram | Website
- Ashley Alderson: Instagram
- Summer School
- The Boutique Hub Membership
- Boutique Hub Black
- Retail Bootcamp
>>Building Connections and Giving Back through Your Business– LISTEN NOW ON iTunes <<
>>Building Connections and Giving Back through Your Business – LISTEN NOW ON Spotify <<
See the Full Boutique Chat Podcast Website here
Watch the episode on YouTube:
Building Connections and Giving Back through Your Business
- Wholesale vs Retail
- The unique struggles of sourcing and manufacturing children’s apparel
- Building community and connecting with customers
- Being authentic on social media
- Facebook Groups
- Approach to ambassador programs
- The power of photography
- Children’s Clothing
- Love Izzy Project
Join the Hub for more training, information, and connections.
Use the hashtag #AskAshley on Instagram, or tag her at @ajalderson or @theboutiquehub to suggest topics for the podcast and let us know what you thought about this episode!
Do you love the Boutique Chat Podcast?! Subscribe to our podcast and after that, leave us a review on iTunes Apple Podcasts here!
Original Air Date: May 16th, 2023
Do you love the details of Building Connections and Giving Back through Your Business? Let us know what you think about our show and help spread the word about the #BoutiqueChat Podcast.
- The Boutique Hub at Dallas Market Home and GiftThe time has come for the June 2023 Dallas Market Home and Gift and the Hub team couldn’t be more excited! We know how busy market days can be so we wanted to make sure you guys are filled in on our schedule so you can come and stop by!
- The Boutique Hub at Dallas Apparel MarketThe time has come for the June 2023 Dallas Apparel & Accessories Market and the Hub team couldn’t be more excited! We know how busy market days can be so we wanted to make sure you guys are filled in on our schedule so you can come and stop by!
- Boutique Revenue Growth10 Tips on Ways to GROW your Revenue this Year – YES, please! Sara Burks – our Director of Education and Partnership – is sharing her top TEN tips on how to grow your Boutique’s revenue this year.