Are you racing towards the ‘next big thing’ or finding genuine joy in your journey? Sara Durcholz is the founder and visionary behind JO+CO, and she has an amazing story, from starting her business to expanding to multiple storefronts—and realizing the need for a completely different direction in her life and making the leap to focus on e-commerce and find true fulfillment.
Get comfortable and listen in as Sara shares candidly about her initial venture into the boutique business, diving into the ups and downs of her early days as an entrepreneur. You’ll hear why she chose the path of franchising her business, how she learned to balance her ambition with personal fulfillment, the mistakes she made along the way, and how she made the shift to make herself truly happy.
Resources Featured In This Episode:
- Sara Durcholz / Jo+Co: Website | Instagram | Facebook | YouTube | Pinterest | TikTok
- Bossish Podcast with Sara Durcholz
- Boutique Hub Black
- The Boutique Hub in Atlanta
- The Boutique Hub: Facebook | Instagram | Website
- Ashley Alderson: Instagram
- Summer School
- The Boutique Hub Membership
- Boutique Hub Black
- Retail Bootcamp
>>The Pursuit of Happiness: Prioritizing Mental Well-being in Business and Life– LISTEN NOW ON iTunes <<
>>The Pursuit of Happiness: Prioritizing Mental Well-being in Business and Life – LISTEN NOW ON Spotify <<
See the Full Boutique Chat Podcast Website here
Watch the episode on YouTube:
The Pursuit of Happiness: Prioritizing Mental Well-being in Business and Life
- How Sara first got started in the boutique business.
- Why she decided to scale the business and the mistakes she made along the way.
- The questions she wished she would have asked herself before scaling.
- The approach she took with the business during COVID.
- Why she turned to franchising.
- What Sara’s day-to-day now looks like.
- The tangible ways she shows up differently now than she did before finding her purpose.
- How she pushes past the fear of failure.
Favorite Quotes from Sara Durcholz
“I don’t regret any step, it’s all a learning experience.” – Sara Durcholz [4:45]
“I am doing more with one store than I was with three.” – Sara Durcholz [15:00]
“Being honest with yourself is really hard work.” – Sara Durcholz [28:20]
Join the Hub for more training, information, and connections.
Do you love the Boutique Chat Podcast?! Subscribe to our podcast and after that, leave us a review on iTunes Apple Podcasts here!
Original Air Date: May 30th, 2023
Do you love the details of The Pursuit of Happiness: Prioritizing Mental Well-being in Business and Life? Let us know what you think about our show and help spread the word about the #BoutiqueChat Podcast.
- How to Craft the Perfect Product Description For Your E-Commerce SiteIn the world of e-commerce, your product descriptions play a pivotal role in enticing potential customers and driving sales. A well-crafted product description can paint a vivid picture, answer questions, and address concerns, ultimately persuading shoppers to make a purchase. If you’re a small business owner looking to improve your product descriptions, you’re in the right place. In this blog post, we’ll explore the art of writing the perfect product description that captivates your audience and sets your boutique apart.
- The Power of Community and Collaboration with Anna Ledebuhr, Coulee BoutiqueCoulee Boutique owner Anna Ledebuhr talks community over competition, fostering activity through collaboration and planning events.
- Holiday Merchandising Must-Haves for Small Business OwnersSeasonal merchandising during the holidays can make a significant difference in your business’s success. It’s not just about offering the right products; it’s also about creating a festive and inviting atmosphere that draws customers in and encourages them to make purchases. In this blog, we’ll explore some holiday merchandising essentials for small business owners, along with tips on why they are essential for your success.