Are you racing towards the ‘next big thing’ or finding genuine joy in your journey? Sara Durcholz is the founder and visionary behind JO+CO, and she has an amazing story, from starting her business to expanding to multiple storefronts—and realizing the need for a completely different direction in her life and making the leap to focus on e-commerce and find true fulfillment.
Get comfortable and listen in as Sara shares candidly about her initial venture into the boutique business, diving into the ups and downs of her early days as an entrepreneur. You’ll hear why she chose the path of franchising her business, how she learned to balance her ambition with personal fulfillment, the mistakes she made along the way, and how she made the shift to make herself truly happy.
Resources Featured In This Episode:
- Sara Durcholz / Jo+Co: Website | Instagram | Facebook | YouTube | Pinterest | TikTok
- Bossish Podcast with Sara Durcholz
- Boutique Hub Black
- The Boutique Hub in Atlanta
- The Boutique Hub: Facebook | Instagram | Website
- Ashley Alderson: Instagram
- Summer School
- The Boutique Hub Membership
- Boutique Hub Black
- Retail Bootcamp
>>The Pursuit of Happiness: Prioritizing Mental Well-being in Business and Life– LISTEN NOW ON iTunes <<
>>The Pursuit of Happiness: Prioritizing Mental Well-being in Business and Life – LISTEN NOW ON Spotify <<
See the Full Boutique Chat Podcast Website here
Watch the episode on YouTube:
The Pursuit of Happiness: Prioritizing Mental Well-being in Business and Life
- How Sara first got started in the boutique business.
- Why she decided to scale the business and the mistakes she made along the way.
- The questions she wished she would have asked herself before scaling.
- The approach she took with the business during COVID.
- Why she turned to franchising.
- What Sara’s day-to-day now looks like.
- The tangible ways she shows up differently now than she did before finding her purpose.
- How she pushes past the fear of failure.
Favorite Quotes from Sara Durcholz
“I don’t regret any step, it’s all a learning experience.” – Sara Durcholz [4:45]
“I am doing more with one store than I was with three.” – Sara Durcholz [15:00]
“Being honest with yourself is really hard work.” – Sara Durcholz [28:20]
Join the Hub for more training, information, and connections.
Do you love the Boutique Chat Podcast?! Subscribe to our podcast and after that, leave us a review on iTunes Apple Podcasts here!
Original Air Date: May 30th, 2023
Do you love the details of The Pursuit of Happiness: Prioritizing Mental Well-being in Business and Life? Let us know what you think about our show and help spread the word about the #BoutiqueChat Podcast.
- The Boutique Hub at MAGIC NashvilleWe are heading to Nashville and can’t wait! The Boutique Hub Team is excited to partner with MAGIC at their inaugural Nashville event. Here’s everything you need to know about attending…
- The Boutique Hub at the March Dallas MarketsThe time has come for the March 2024 Dallas Markets and the Hub team couldn’t be more excited! We know how busy market days can be so we wanted to make sure you guys are filled in on our schedule so you can come and stop by!
- Growing Your Boutique on InstagramInstagram is one of the most powerful platforms in the world to build your brand, increase your sales, and grow your retail business. A successful content strategy can change your business forever! Here at the Boutique Hub, we are dedicated to helping retailers grow and succeed in every aspect of business. Here are our top 5 tips for growing your boutique on Instagram!