Welcome to today’s episode! Our guest is Michiko Seto, founder and owner of 11 boutiques in Delaware. Michiko is known for her infectious personality and super smart business savvy, and she’s here to talk to us about events, leadership, growth, mindset, hiring, and so much more. Whether you’re a brick-and-mortar business or an online boutique, there’s something for everyone in this episode. So sit back, relax, and let’s dive in!
Listen in as Michiko shares what every boutique owner needs to know, including how to start, plan, and grow a business, what metrics really matter, and why taking the time to plan and establish a solid foundation can help ensure the longevity of your boutique. You’ll hear the secrets she has learned in her boutique journey, how she leverages events in her boutiques to bring people in, and the importance of staying true to your brand.
Watch the interview on YouTube:
What You’ll Learn From The Keys To Boutique Success
- How Michiko got started in the boutique business.
- The importance of not stretching yourself too thin.
- How to become a cash-used business.
- The metrics every boutique should be watching.
- The importance of planning and having a solid foundation.
- The lessons Michiko has learned along her boutique journey.
Resources Featured In This Episode:
Favorite Quotes from Michiko Seto
“All of my experiences have helped me when I really decided to go into my own business.” – Michiko Seto [3:10]
“I kept opening stores to get the product I wanted in my own backyard.” – Michiko Seto [6:10]
“When you’re in front of your money, you know where it is.” – Michiko Seto [16:30]
Join the Hub for more training, information, and connections.
Do you love the Boutique Chat Podcast?! Subscribe to our podcast and after that, leave us a review on iTunes Apple Podcasts here!
Original Air Date: February 21st, 2023
Do you love the details of The Keys To Boutique Success? Let us know what you think about our show and help spread the word about the #BoutiqueChat Podcast.
- The Boutique Hub at MAGIC NashvilleWe are heading to Nashville and can’t wait! The Boutique Hub Team is excited to partner with MAGIC at their inaugural Nashville event. Here’s everything you need to know about attending…
- The Boutique Hub at the March Dallas MarketsThe time has come for the March 2024 Dallas Markets and the Hub team couldn’t be more excited! We know how busy market days can be so we wanted to make sure you guys are filled in on our schedule so you can come and stop by!
- Growing Your Boutique on InstagramInstagram is one of the most powerful platforms in the world to build your brand, increase your sales, and grow your retail business. A successful content strategy can change your business forever! Here at the Boutique Hub, we are dedicated to helping retailers grow and succeed in every aspect of business. Here are our top 5 tips for growing your boutique on Instagram!