Experience Boutique Revenue Growth with these tips. Your business may never be the same.
Tips on Ways to GROW your Revenue this Year – YES, please! Sara Burks – our Director of Education and Partnership – is sharing her top tips on how to grow your Boutique’s revenue this year.
Profitability is like losing weight or wanting to find a new job. If it’s a goal–you need to spread the word! Talk to your key people and let them know it’s what you’re wanting to do.
Otherwise, to say something like “I want to be profitable this year”…what does that even mean? There’s no accountability.
In Retail BootCamp, Sara Burkes talks about “wiggle words”. Depending on who you talk to, they might have different meanings. You need to figure out what “profitability” means to you.
#1 – Make Sure You Understand Your Why
You need to have a heart-to-heart talk with yourself about being profitable and your mission. To figure out your “why” ask yourself…
- What are you doing?
- What are you trying to be profitable at?
- What is the reason you are in this business?
For those of you that have been in this business long, you know the ebbs and flows of things. Some days are awesome and some days are really, really bad. You have to be able to motivate yourself during bad times. Write it down and own it.
#2 – Tell Your Team
Once you understand your “why” make sure everybody else does too. Because there’s going to be nights when you’re pulling all-nighters, or hosting events. You’re going to need some pick-up time around the house and your team will need to help pick up the slack.
If you don’t have conversations with your team and make yourself clear, they will tend to get bent out of shape. They might even become envious, jealous, or mad. Because they don’t understand why you’re doing these things. If you’ve identified your goals and the steps that you need to take to make sure that you need to take to live that profitable life, they can cheer you on along the way!
#3 – Define What Success Is For You
What success means to one person, might be different than it means to another. In The Boutique Hub, there are members that want to do a million dollars a month, 3 million dollars a year, or just a thousand dollars a month. Their goals are different. If you want to be profitable, you have to know what success means for you.
#4 – Get Real About Profit
Get real about profit. If we are focusing on profit first, we need to be paying ourselves first. When you have that extra money at the end of the week, take your cut. Don’t tell yourself you are going to invest all of the money back into your business. Figure out what your take will be…even if it’s 1%! You are your #1 employee!!! You stay late and work your butt off–you deserve to profit first.
#5 – Do Customer Service & Sales Training
Don’t assume that your employees know what you want them to do. If you are on this journey to profitability it doesn’t just happen. They need to sell, talk, and communicate with customers a certain way to reflect your mission.
Proper training reduces cost, increases profit, and turns your merchandise. Don’t assume that the 15-year-old kid you’re paying minimum wage understands that. They don’t. You miss out on sales when your staff doesn’t treat your customers the way they should.
#6 – Merchandise To Sell
There are a lot of things in business that are out of our control but how we merchandise and layout our store, that’s on us. Again, that goes back to the coaching. When we aren’t able to do it, we need to depend on our staff. Need ideas? We have an entire Pinterest Board dedicated to Merchandising.
#7 – Know Your Numbers
Don’t just open up your online banking and assume the money is there. You need to know how to run key reports so you can track Boutique Revenue Growth.
- What kind of inventory do you have?
- What are you discounting?
- What are you bringing in?
- What have you received?
- What have you sold?
- Who sold it?
- When was it sold?
- What is your turn rate?
Our YouTube video on The 7 Financial Tips That All Boutique Members Must Know is one of our most-watched videos. It is packed full of information that will help you on your journey to profitability.
#8 – Reduce Unnecessary Expenses
Be intentional with your spending. Make sure that whatever you are investing in, you keep profitability in mind. Do a financial audit on a regular basis and watch every dime. Our Boutique Boss Planner has built-in accountability with checklists. You can pick one up in the #BoutiqueBoss Store.
Cut out unnecessary expenses like apps, or subscriptions you don’t use. Organize your inventory and supplies so that you know what you have. It will also help with impulse buying and you can be prepared when attending markets.
#9 – Pay Attention to Your Events
Before you say yes to any event make sure that they are in line with profitability. Events are hard to track because many times they are done on the fly. Track your events and your time, effort, and money. Make sure that you have an outline and strategy in place ahead of time to sell. Do an audit afterward to see if you strayed from your intended goals.
Another tip Sara has is to watch your margins. Price is not everything to your customers. We assume that but it is not always true. You might be more profitable selling fewer better quality items that your customers are excited about. Cheaper isn’t always better. Remember, the goal is to build a brand. You want to be able to give them something they can’t get anywhere else. Ready to tap into Boutique Revenue Growth?
#10 – Use FREE Resources from The Boutique Hub
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN…
- How To Optimize Navigation
- How To Unite Your Brand
- How To Pick The Best Photos
- Create A Perfect About Page
- What To Avoid With Shipping and Returns
- Un-uniform Photos
- Dead End Product Pages
- The Perfect Call To Action
- Maximize Product Angles
- Track Your Traffic
We hope you loved our article on Boutique Revenue Growth. How else can The Boutique Hub help you grow?
Get more information on growing your business by joining The Boutique Hub where we have tons of training, information, and most importantly, connection! www.theboutiquehub.com/join Try out our service for a month, cancel anytime.
Follow along on Instagram @theboutiquehub!
- Showing Customer Appreciation this Holiday SeasonNot only is Christmas the time for buying it’s also the time for GIVING. Often times we spend the months looking at numbers and forget about the amazing people who helped us create those numbers in the first place. How are you showing customer appreciation this Holiday Season?
- The Boutique Hub at Atlanta ApparelThe Boutique Hub Team can’t wait to head back to Atlanta market with you all! There is so much going on so we want to make sure you’re prepared. Here’s what you need to know about the October 2022 Atlanta market…
- Keys For Successful Boutique PlanningI know this time of year is when most of us are starting to think ahead about planning for the new year, so today I’m…
- Small Business Owner HacksBeing a small business owner is no easy job. Here at The Boutique Hub, we are dedicated to helping small business owners succeed with education, strategy, support, and community. Here are a few small business owner hacks to help you succeed!
- How To Manage Your Boutique’s InventoryYou know that feeling when you team up with a boutique bestie who just gets it, and you can talk all things industry knowing that…