If you’ve been around for a while, you no doubt remember when the separation between apparel boutiques and home and gift boutiques was much wider than it is now. Since the pandemic, we have been on a fast track to see a lot more crossover between these two categories. In this episode, I’m excited to dive into this growing trend with Angela Schmook, VP of Sales and Marketing at Road Runners LLC, a company that represents numerous wholesale brands in every category from home decor to jewelry collections and gifts of all types.
Listen in as we delve into what apparel and home and gift boutiques can learn from each other, the common misconceptions between home and gift and apparel, current trends, and the different business practices that work for each. Angela also explains the difference between wholesale representatives and agencies, the advantages of working with a rep agency, and she shares her advice for retailers and insights on where she sees the overall industry heading.
We also talk about the upcoming home and gift show at Dallas Market Center, where you can find Angela next week!
Resources Featured In This Episode:
- Angela Schmook: Website
- Hubventory Home and Gift Week
- The Boutique Hub: Facebook | Instagram | Website
- Ashley Alderson: Instagram
- Summer School
- The Boutique Hub Membership
- Boutique Hub Black
- Retail Bootcamp
Watch the episode on YouTube:
Uniting Apparel and Home & Gift Boutiques
- Angela’s advice for retailers.
- What the current trends are in the industry.
- The different timelines between apparel and home and gift.
- The advantages to working with a sales rep.
- The opportunities for apparel and home and gift boutiques to work together.
- The difference in profit margins.
- What the most successful stores have in common.
- Angela’s journey in the industry.
Favorite Quotes from Angela Schmook
“We are right in the middle of a very interesting moment.” – Angela Schmook [7:30]
“We’re in this moment of caution.” – Angela Schmook [8:25]
“The larger your order, the larger your perks.” – Angela Schmook [16:15]
Join the Hub for more training, information, and connections.
Do you love the Boutique Chat Podcast?! Subscribe to our podcast and after that, leave us a review on iTunes Apple Podcasts here!
Original Air Date: June 13th, 2023
Do you love the details of Uniting Apparel and Home & Gift Boutiques? Let us know what you think about our show and help spread the word about the #BoutiqueChat Podcast.
- How to Craft the Perfect Product Description For Your E-Commerce SiteIn the world of e-commerce, your product descriptions play a pivotal role in enticing potential customers and driving sales. A well-crafted product description can paint a vivid picture, answer questions, and address concerns, ultimately persuading shoppers to make a purchase. If you’re a small business owner looking to improve your product descriptions, you’re in the right place. In this blog post, we’ll explore the art of writing the perfect product description that captivates your audience and sets your boutique apart.
- The Power of Community and Collaboration with Anna Ledebuhr, Coulee BoutiqueCoulee Boutique owner Anna Ledebuhr talks community over competition, fostering activity through collaboration and planning events.
- Holiday Merchandising Must-Haves for Small Business OwnersSeasonal merchandising during the holidays can make a significant difference in your business’s success. It’s not just about offering the right products; it’s also about creating a festive and inviting atmosphere that draws customers in and encourages them to make purchases. In this blog, we’ll explore some holiday merchandising essentials for small business owners, along with tips on why they are essential for your success.