Our very own retail professor is back on the podcast! Today Sara Burks, Director of Partnerships and Education at The Boutique Hub, is joining me to dive into the six essential pieces of growing and mastering your business, which we refer to as the Six Layers of Retail, and the most important components of each of these layers specific to 2024.
As we all know, the tides are changing, and we want to ensure that you are set up for success in the new year! None of us are in the business of competing with the likes of Shein and Temu, so it’s essential to set yourself apart and make changes as your customer changes to meet their needs.
Our biggest annual educational program at The Hub is Retail Bootcamp (think college for boutique owners!), and Retail Bootcamp is designed around these six layers. Throughout the 14 weeks of Retail Bootcamp, we break down each of these layers and their components, Sara and I do live coaching sessions, plus we’re joined by more than 50 industry experts. Enrollment is now open for 2024! Click the link below to learn more about Retail Bootcamp and enroll today! Best of all, once you sign up, you have lifetime access to participate each semester.
Resources Featured In This Episode:
- Retail Bootcamp
- Sara Burks: Instagram
- The Boutique Hub: Website | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | TikTok | YouTube
- Ashley Alderson: Instagram
- Boutique Summit 2024
- 2024 Boutique Boss Planner
- Small Business Marketing Handbook
- Boutique Hub Black
>> Key Components of the Six Layers of Retail in 2024 – LISTEN NOW ON iTunes <<
>> Key Components of the Six Layers of Retail in 2024 – LISTEN NOW ON Spotify <<
See the Full Boutique Chat Podcast Website here
Watch it on YouTube:
What You’ll Learn About in Key Components of the Six Layers of Retail in 2024
- What are the six layers of retail?
- Building a strong base for your business
- Protecting your business for growth
- Surveying your customer and what they need
- Fixed mindset vs. growth mindset
- Four areas of foundation: company vision, branding, mindset and productivity, operations and processes
- Products and profit: financial management, inventory management, profit planning
- Tracking the right data and making your data work for you
- Defining your company values
- Hiring, Review and Firing Processes
- Setting your business up for success in 2024
Join the Hub for more training, information, and connections.
Do you love the Boutique Chat Podcast?! Subscribe to our podcast and after that, leave us a review on iTunes Apple Podcasts here!
Original Air Date: January 2, 2024
Do you love the details of Key Components of the Six Layers of Retail in 2024? Let us know what you think about our show and help spread the word about the #BoutiqueChat Podcast.
- 12 Questions to Ask Yourself Before Launching Your Wholesale Apparel BrandEmbarking on the journey of manufacturing and launching your own apparel brand is an exciting endeavor, filled with creativity and the promise of bringing your unique vision to life. However, before you dive into the world of fashion, it’s crucial to take a moment for introspection and ask yourself some fundamental questions. These considerations will not only help you navigate the complexities of the fashion industry but also set the stage for a successful and sustainable apparel brand. Here are 12 questions to ponder before turning your fashion dreams into reality.
- Marketing Ideas for Home & Gift RetailersSocial media marketing is crucial for running a successful business these days. But lets be honest, some days its hard to constantly have to think about what content to post that will actually engage your audience. We’ve got you covered with some of our favorite marketing ideas. These ideas will work for any retail business, just adjust and cater to your niche as you see fit! Alright, lets get into our marketing ideas for Home & Gift Retailers.
- MAGIC Celebrates its 90th Anniversary: Join Us in Celebrating 90 Years of MAGIC!From east coast to west coast, MAGIC offers a variety of must-attend fashion events offering the largest wholesale selection of women’s trend-driven, young contemporary, and modern sportswear brands.