Today on the Boutique Chat Podcast Paul Erickson, Director of Sales at Management One joins us for Retail Inventory Management.
Are you confused about how much you should buy and how often? Do you want to know what the future of retail entails? Today Paul covers all things retail inventory management.
>> EPISODE 313 – LISTEN NOW ON iTunes <<
>> EPISODE 313 – LISTEN NOW ON Spotify <<
See the Full Boutique Chat Podcast Website here
00:05:28 The Future of Retail
00:09:30 How Much Inventory Do You Need
00:23:06 Sell Through & Margins
00:38:51 What’s Trending
Main Points in Retail Inventory Management
- It is about buying smaller quantities of product, more often.
- Be strategic about your markups. They don’t need to be 50%, some products can easily be higher than 50%.
- 2021 is the year of opportunity and growth.
Favorite Quotes in Retail Inventory Management
“When you do make a mistake, it’s key you learn from it. I often call markdowns the tuition you pay on the education of your customer.” -Paul
“We think we cant get more markup. That is the one area retailers think the marked is pretty much fixed. No, it’s not, you can get more markup than you think.” -Paul
“Liberal return policies have been shown to reduce the returns, not increase them.” -Paul
Where to find & reach Paul:
Email: [email protected]
Join the Hub for more training, information, and connections.
Use the hashtag #AskAshley on Instagram, or tag her at @ajalderson or @theboutiquehubto suggest topics for the podcast and let us know what you thought about this episode!
Do you love the Boutique Chat Podcast?! Subscribe to our podcast and after that, leave us a review on iTunes Apple Podcasts here!
Original Air Date: May 11th, 2021
Do you love the details of Retail Inventory Management? Let us know what you think about our show and help spread the word about the #BoutiqueChat Podcast.
- The Boutique Hub at Dallas Market Home and GiftThe time has come for the June 2023 Dallas Market Home and Gift and the Hub team couldn’t be more excited! We know how busy market days can be so we wanted to make sure you guys are filled in on our schedule so you can come and stop by!
- The Boutique Hub at Dallas Apparel MarketThe time has come for the June 2023 Dallas Apparel & Accessories Market and the Hub team couldn’t be more excited! We know how busy market days can be so we wanted to make sure you guys are filled in on our schedule so you can come and stop by!
- Boutique Revenue Growth10 Tips on Ways to GROW your Revenue this Year – YES, please! Sara Burks – our Director of Education and Partnership – is sharing her top TEN tips on how to grow your Boutique’s revenue this year.