Today on the Boutique Chat Podcast Paul Erickson, Director of Sales at Management One joins us for Retail Inventory Management.
Are you confused about how much you should buy and how often? Do you want to know what the future of retail entails? Today Paul covers all things retail inventory management.
00:05:28 The Future of Retail
00:09:30 How Much Inventory Do You Need
00:23:06 Sell Through & Margins
00:38:51 What’s Trending
Main Points in Retail Inventory Management
- It is about buying smaller quantities of product, more often.
- Be strategic about your markups. They don’t need to be 50%, some products can easily be higher than 50%.
- 2021 is the year of opportunity and growth.
Favorite Quotes in Retail Inventory Management
“When you do make a mistake, it’s key you learn from it. I often call markdowns the tuition you pay on the education of your customer.” -Paul
“We think we cant get more markup. That is the one area retailers think the marked is pretty much fixed. No, it’s not, you can get more markup than you think.” -Paul
“Liberal return policies have been shown to reduce the returns, not increase them.” -Paul
Where to find & reach Paul:
Email: [email protected]
Join the Hub for more training, information, and connections.
Do you love the Boutique Chat Podcast?! Subscribe to our podcast and after that, leave us a review on iTunes Apple Podcasts here!
Original Air Date: May 11th, 2021
Do you love the details of Retail Inventory Management? Let us know what you think about our show and help spread the word about the #BoutiqueChat Podcast.
- The Best of Boutique Chat Season 4I’m thrilled to be back for an all-new season of Boutique Chat, and to kick off Season 5, I’m revisiting some of my favorite episodes of the last year! In this highlight reel you’ll hear from Social Sales Girls founder Susan Bradley on digital advertising and metrics, Everyday Chic Boutique owner Karli Harris Pennington on…
- How to Get Rid of Winter InventoryAfter all the holiday markdowns you may be asking the question, “What do I do with all my leftover winter stuff… I want to make room for spring goods!” Let’s go over the best plan of action on how to get rid of your winter inventory.
- The Boutique Hub at Atlanta ApparelThe Boutique Hub Team can’t wait to head back to Atlanta market with you all! There is so much going on so we want to make sure you’re prepared. Here’s what you need to know about the February 2023 Atlanta market…