I am so excited to be joined today by my friend Amy DeFauw, who is a multi-state multi-storeowner and has a wealth of experience as the CEO and owner of Katsch Boutique.
Today we’re talking all about retail art vs retail science — retail art being the love of the product, customers and marketing as opposed to retail science, i.e. the numbers, inventory management, financing and metrics. And we dive into what it takes to make the retail science side of your business come to life, allowing those numbers and spreadsheets to really speak to you.
Amy shares her approach to growing and managing multiple locations and a successful team, the lessons she learned along the way and how she cut out the overwhelm by systemizing her business!
Resources Featured In This Episode:
- Katsch Boutique: Website | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest
- The Boutique Hub: Website | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | TikTok | YouTube
- Ashley Alderson: Instagram
- Boutique Summit 2024
- Boutique Hub Black
- The Boutique Hub Membership
Watch it on YouTube:
What You’ll Learn in Retail Science and Systemization with Amy DeFauw
- Retail Science vs. Retail Art
- Building a Staff
- Team communication
- Managing Multiple Store Locations
- Systemizing your Business
Join the Hub for more training, information, and connections.
Do you love the Boutique Chat Podcast?! Subscribe to our podcast and after that, leave us a review on iTunes Apple Podcasts here!
Original Air Date: September 19, 2023
Do you love the details of Retail Science and Systemization? Let us know what you think about our show and help spread the word about the #BoutiqueChat Podcast.
- Dig In and Do The Hard Thing with Anais Almazan, Pretty & Pink BoutiqueAnais Almazan, founder and owner of Pretty & Pink Boutique, shares her story from growing her business to building a true community.
- Master Your 2024 Marketing Plan: A Guide for Small Business OwnersAs we approach the dawn of a new year, savvy small business owners are already gearing up to elevate their marketing game in 2024. Crafting a robust marketing plan is pivotal to staying competitive and relevant in the ever-evolving business landscape. To help you navigate this exciting journey, we’ve put together a comprehensive guide with valuable tips and insights. Plus, we’ll introduce you to two indispensable tools: the Small Business Marketing Handbook and the 2024 Boutique Boss Planner, designed to be your partners in success throughout the coming year.
- Encouraging Consumers to Shop Small First and Celebrating the 4th Annual Pink FridayThe fourth annual Pink Friday is this Friday, November 17, and more than 5,000 boutiques worldwide are participating!