Welcome to the last episode of the season! Today, I am joined by Sara Burks, our Director of Partnerships and Education and my partner in crime for this podcast episode. We are discussing year-end tips and preparing for 2023, as well as addressing some of the common struggles faced by boutique owners and how to overcome them.
Listen in as we dive into what happened in 2022 in the boutique industry and share our tips for making 2023 your year. We’ll be breaking down the six layers of any retail business, discussing how to sell less but make more, and sharing where many retailers fall down when it comes to sales strategy. We also talk about the exciting new changes coming to Retail Bootcamp that you won’t want to miss!
>>The Six Layers of Retail– LISTEN NOW ON iTunes <<
>>The Six Layers of Retail– LISTEN NOW ON Spotify <<
See the Full Boutique Chat Podcast Website here
What You’ll Learn From The Six Layers of Retail
- What happened in 2022 in the boutique industry.
- The six layers of any retail business.
- Why the foundation building block is so important.
- The supply chain issues many retailers faced in 2022.
- How to sell less but make more.
- The importance of optimizing your team.
- Where many retailers fall down when it comes to sales strategy.
- The changes coming with content creation.
- One thing to think about in 2023 when it comes to marketing.
Resources Featured In This Episode:
Favorite Quotes from Ashley Alderson and Sara Burks
“You need to slow down to speed up.” – Ashley Alderson [4:35]
“2022 was a year to really sit back and assess ‘am I making myself happy?’” – Sara Burks [6:05]
“Inventory investing is a science.” – Sara Burks [18:25]
Join the Hub for more training, information, and connections.
Use the hashtag #AskAshley on Instagram, or tag her at @ajalderson or @theboutiquehub to suggest topics for the podcast and let us know what you thought about this episode!
Do you love the Boutique Chat Podcast?! Subscribe to our podcast and after that, leave us a review on iTunes Apple Podcasts here!
Original Air Date: January 3rd, 2023
Do you love the details of The Six Layers of Retail? Let us know what you think about our show and help spread the word about the #BoutiqueChat Podcast.
- Boutique Financial Tips For SuccessUse these 8 Financial Tips to manage your inventory, increase your profit margins, understand your investments, limit your markdowns and GROW your business. Only a tracked number grows, so if you are ignoring your finances and buying strategy, then you’re asking for a disaster! These are 8 quick and easy tips you can start tracking today!
- Building Connections and Giving Back through Your Business with Sydney Petersen, Bizzy’s BoutiqueAshley answers questions sent in by boutique owners, talking about inventory planning, margins, metrics, insurance and everything in between.
- Process, Delegation and the EOS Model with Valerie and Ryan Becker, Wellington Design Co.Ashley answers questions sent in by boutique owners, talking about inventory planning, margins, metrics, insurance and everything in between.