Welcome to the last episode of the season! Today, I am joined by Sara Burks, our Director of Partnerships and Education and my partner in crime for this podcast episode. We are discussing year-end tips and preparing for 2023, as well as addressing some of the common struggles faced by boutique owners and how to overcome them.
Listen in as we dive into what happened in 2022 in the boutique industry and share our tips for making 2023 your year. We’ll be breaking down the six layers of any retail business, discussing how to sell less but make more, and sharing where many retailers fall down when it comes to sales strategy. We also talk about the exciting new changes coming to Retail Bootcamp that you won’t want to miss!
What You’ll Learn From The Six Layers of Retail
- What happened in 2022 in the boutique industry.
- The six layers of any retail business.
- Why the foundation building block is so important.
- The supply chain issues many retailers faced in 2022.
- How to sell less but make more.
- The importance of optimizing your team.
- Where many retailers fall down when it comes to sales strategy.
- The changes coming with content creation.
- One thing to think about in 2023 when it comes to marketing.
Resources Featured In This Episode:
Favorite Quotes from Ashley Alderson and Sara Burks
“You need to slow down to speed up.” – Ashley Alderson [4:35]
“2022 was a year to really sit back and assess ‘am I making myself happy?’” – Sara Burks [6:05]
“Inventory investing is a science.” – Sara Burks [18:25]
Join the Hub for more training, information, and connections.
Do you love the Boutique Chat Podcast?! Subscribe to our podcast and after that, leave us a review on iTunes Apple Podcasts here!
Original Air Date: January 3rd, 2023
Do you love the details of The Six Layers of Retail? Let us know what you think about our show and help spread the word about the #BoutiqueChat Podcast.
- Building a Thriving Business With Your SpouseIn this episode, we’re tackling one of the most frequently asked questions from growing boutique owners: how do you work with your spouse? To help us answer this question, we’ve brought in two of our favorite people and an amazing couple, Anthony and Amy Ekren of Inherit Clothing Co. Not only will they share their…
- The Best of Boutique Chat Season 4I’m thrilled to be back for an all-new season of Boutique Chat, and to kick off Season 5, I’m revisiting some of my favorite episodes of the last year! In this highlight reel you’ll hear from Social Sales Girls founder Susan Bradley on digital advertising and metrics, Everyday Chic Boutique owner Karli Harris Pennington on…
- How to Get Rid of Winter InventoryAfter all the holiday markdowns you may be asking the question, “What do I do with all my leftover winter stuff… I want to make room for spring goods!” Let’s go over the best plan of action on how to get rid of your winter inventory.