Welcome to the last episode of the season! Today, I am joined by Sara Burks, our Director of Partnerships and Education and my partner in crime for this podcast episode. We are discussing year-end tips and preparing for 2023, as well as addressing some of the common struggles faced by boutique owners and how to overcome them.
Listen in as we dive into what happened in 2022 in the boutique industry and share our tips for making 2023 your year. We’ll be breaking down the six layers of any retail business, discussing how to sell less but make more, and sharing where many retailers fall down when it comes to sales strategy. We also talk about the exciting new changes coming to Retail Bootcamp that you won’t want to miss!
What You’ll Learn From The Six Layers of Retail
- What happened in 2022 in the boutique industry.
- The six layers of any retail business.
- Why the foundation building block is so important.
- The supply chain issues many retailers faced in 2022.
- How to sell less but make more.
- The importance of optimizing your team.
- Where many retailers fall down when it comes to sales strategy.
- The changes coming with content creation.
- One thing to think about in 2023 when it comes to marketing.
Resources Featured In This Episode:
Favorite Quotes from Ashley Alderson and Sara Burks
“You need to slow down to speed up.” – Ashley Alderson [4:35]
“2022 was a year to really sit back and assess ‘am I making myself happy?’” – Sara Burks [6:05]
“Inventory investing is a science.” – Sara Burks [18:25]
Join the Hub for more training, information, and connections.
Do you love the Boutique Chat Podcast?! Subscribe to our podcast and after that, leave us a review on iTunes Apple Podcasts here!
Original Air Date: January 3rd, 2023
Do you love the details of The Six Layers of Retail? Let us know what you think about our show and help spread the word about the #BoutiqueChat Podcast.
- The Power of Community and Collaboration with Anna Ledebuhr, Coulee BoutiqueCoulee Boutique owner Anna Ledebuhr talks community over competition, fostering activity through collaboration and planning events.
- Holiday Merchandising Must-Haves for Small Business OwnersSeasonal merchandising during the holidays can make a significant difference in your business’s success. It’s not just about offering the right products; it’s also about creating a festive and inviting atmosphere that draws customers in and encourages them to make purchases. In this blog, we’ll explore some holiday merchandising essentials for small business owners, along with tips on why they are essential for your success.
- Retail Science and Systemization with Amy DeFauw, Katsch BoutiqueKatsch Boutique owner Amy DeFauw shares her experience in managing multiple locations, building a successful team and the art of delegation.