Today we’re talking all things market – what sets regional markets apart from national shows, the benefits of both, the importance of attending market, and tips for success while there.
In addition to being the owner and founder of Cedar and Cypress Designs, my friend Tara Thorn is also on the board at the Minneapolis Mart, which holds six annual shows and is considered the number one regional mart in the country. Tara shares how MPLS helped grow her business and the unique opportunities it provides for both buyers and brands.
Resources Featured In This Episode:
- 2024 Trade Show Calendar
- How to Register for Market
- 5 Tips for Attending Wholesale Markets as a Boutique Owner
- Attending Apparel Markets: Tips from Boutique Owners
- Cedar and Cypress Designs: Website | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest
- Minneapolis Mart: Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
- Ashley Alderson: Instagram
- The Boutique Hub: Website | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | TikTok | YouTube
- Boutique Summit 2024
- 2024 Boutique Boss Planner
- Small Business Marketing Handbook
- Boutique Hub Black
Watch it on YouTube:
What You’ll Learn About in How Regional Markets Can Benefit Your Business with Tara Thorn
- The Importance of Going to Market
- Regional Markets vs. Bigger Markets
- Choosing the Right Markets and Timing
- The Interwoven Nature of Gift and Apparel Markets
- Building Relationships with Reps and Showrooms
- Fair Trade and Certification
- Tips for Success at Regional Markets
Join the Hub for more training, information, and connections.
Do you love the Boutique Chat Podcast?! Subscribe to our podcast and after that, leave us a review on iTunes Apple Podcasts here!
Original Air Date: January 23, 2024
Do you love the details of How Regional Markets Can Benefit Your Business with Tara Thorn? Let us know what you think about our show and help spread the word about the #BoutiqueChat Podcast.
- 12 Questions to Ask Yourself Before Launching Your Wholesale Apparel BrandEmbarking on the journey of manufacturing and launching your own apparel brand is an exciting endeavor, filled with creativity and the promise of bringing your unique vision to life. However, before you dive into the world of fashion, it’s crucial to take a moment for introspection and ask yourself some fundamental questions. These considerations will not only help you navigate the complexities of the fashion industry but also set the stage for a successful and sustainable apparel brand. Here are 12 questions to ponder before turning your fashion dreams into reality.
- Marketing Ideas for Home & Gift RetailersSocial media marketing is crucial for running a successful business these days. But lets be honest, some days its hard to constantly have to think about what content to post that will actually engage your audience. We’ve got you covered with some of our favorite marketing ideas. These ideas will work for any retail business, just adjust and cater to your niche as you see fit! Alright, lets get into our marketing ideas for Home & Gift Retailers.
- MAGIC Celebrates its 90th Anniversary: Join Us in Celebrating 90 Years of MAGIC!From east coast to west coast, MAGIC offers a variety of must-attend fashion events offering the largest wholesale selection of women’s trend-driven, young contemporary, and modern sportswear brands.